problem

AmishRebel

Oct 22, 2003
Virginia
Anyway... I got my car fixed and the ford dealership called me and said "yea there was a chip DUCTAPED to the pcm" so thats what ****ed it up... so now my question is why the hell would there be a chip in a car with just exhaust (off road h-pipe and dynomax mufflers)... It's also come to my attention that theres a hole drilled in the driver sidewall where a possible gauge pod pillar once sat. If you look under the hood the car looks bone stock and I know it has the stock intake/filter and the only visible mod at all is exhaust everything else is bone stock... so wtf why was there a chip ductaped to the goddamned pcm? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I got my chip when I had gears installed (necessary w/ auto trans) but Lidio went for more timing (premium fuel), altered shift points and line pressure even though I had no other mods.

KEEP THE CHIP, even if you don't re-install it now, it's worth some $$$. And the chip is not likely the cause of any problems unless the calibration was wrong to begin with.

AmishRebel said:
Anyway... I got my car fixed and the ford dealership called me and said "yea there was a chip DUCTAPED to the pcm" so thats what ****ed it up... so now my question is why the hell would there be a chip in a car with just exhaust (off road h-pipe and dynomax mufflers)... It's also come to my attention that theres a hole drilled in the driver sidewall where a possible gauge pod pillar once sat. If you look under the hood the car looks bone stock and I know it has the stock intake/filter and the only visible mod at all is exhaust everything else is bone stock... so wtf why was there a chip ductaped to the goddamned pcm? :shrug:

That hole you have would be an indication to me that this car was NOT stock, and someone tried to restore it back to stock. Could have been juiced, or SC'd by way of a self-contained kit...

peace

If this chip was ducktaped(wtf) into place then it would make since. You said you had the off road h-pipe. Chips can be used to override the check engine light. Getting mods is great but alot of them the ch ip has to be reprogramed for. I recently took out my Diablo since i found out the guy before me did the mods after he got the chip. Seems that the first mod people seem to think about is the chip. (Ignorance)
COBRA_SVT_VERT said:
When I bought my Cobra, I had a chip, 30# inj's, C&L mass air and a relocated air pump.

I found all this out when I did my first oil change and found the pan tapped.