Problems wiring a Raptor shift light

Wondering if anyone has one on a 2005 and if so, can you post exactly where you made your connections.

I cannot get mine to work at all. I was ultra methodical.

Set all switches down for single coil feed.

I have a soldered ring connector on the black wire to the fuse box earth.

I have tapped the green wire into the green coil wire on the coil at the back of the passenger bank by cutting the coil wire and soldering the green wire into a new waterproof connector. I know the connector is good as the coil is firing and doesn't if I disconnect it. I have to assume that the soldered connection is a good one.

I split the fuse box and soldered the red wire onto the connector with two red wires running to it which goes to a 15A fuse.

Put it all back together and nothing!:shrug:

I've checked the connections tonight and just can't see anything obvious. I tried connecting the red wire to a known live but still nothing.

I just wondered how you connected yours up as it's doing my head in now.:bang:

• Sponsors (?)

jeas, that sounds like a lot more work than I did on mine ?

i just remember wiring a negative ground wire to the chassis, and a green wire to the first plug wire on the passenger side closest to the windshield and then a switched positive wire, i think i did the defrost wire in the fuse box.......

and wallah........i did have a bit of trouble because the connections weren't a great connect....

Attachments

• tach adap.jpg
    tach adap.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 104
Dude ,know the fustrations and the pics don't help at all. I connected mine straight to battery and haven't had a problem with it at all since Xmas. Good luck and just remember when it goes off to shift.It happens very quickly in first and if you have 4:10's it's even quicker

Just an update. I contacted Raptor who were A1 on speedy response and assistance. He explained the principles behind the wires so I knew which ones to try first and which ones not to screw with (you know how you doubt everything you've done..LOL)

It turned out to be the earth wire. Now I'd soldered the wire onto a ring terminal and it was a 100% connection. What I did was I cut the wire off about 6 inches and earthed it somewhere else. Then the light fired up so I can only assume that there must have been a break in the wire somewhere or it didn't like the earth on the fuse box. In any event, it works now and thanks to Raptor because when they give you an e-mail address for support, it works! (unlike UPR).