Problems with 06 GT

LL2020

Mar 19, 2007
Portland, OR
I bought an 06 GT in June. At 4.5K I had to have the ring/pinion replaced. The rear end is making the same noise again. Now at 7K the ABS/traction contol light goes on for 3 days. Of course the light goes off when I take it to the dealer. I got the auto (big mistake) and the car hesitates, almost stalls occasionally. Any suggestions on what's wrong with the rearend or traction control? I've lost all faith in the car. Who should I contact to see if they'll buy it back?

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry to hear about all your problems. That would irritate me as well. I had 1 problem with my '06 auto. The check engine light came on after about 1000 miles. Dealer checked it and found 1 of the rocker arms bent! They replaced all of them in case there was a problem with the others in the future(possible bad batch from the manufacturer). Over 14,000 miles later, it runs STRONG!
As far as your hesitation issue...get the CAI/tuner combo! That along with the 4.10s and stock tires, I have to take it easy off the start if I wish to not have the tires spin. I can even be at a 5-10 mph roll, stomp it and it WILL break loose.

I bought an 06 GT in June. At 4.5K I had to have the ring/pinion replaced. The rear end is making the same noise again. Now at 7K the ABS/traction contol light goes on for 3 days. Of course the light goes off when I take it to the dealer. I got the auto (big mistake) and the car hesitates, almost stalls occasionally. Any suggestions on what's wrong with the rearend or traction control? I've lost all faith in the car. Who should I contact to see if they'll buy it back?

The ABS/traction control combo lights are on because your ABS module/Computer is broken. I had the same problem where would only come on if no one else was around. Had it replaced, and no more problems, don't lose faith yet. Had my rear end replaced, a shaker replaced 3 times, gas tank fixed twice, passenger airbag replaced and had the computer replaced for the display in the dash. All in all, still the coolest car i've ever had. Now that i'm beyond the factory warranty i can have some fun with it, and i feel comfortable that all the bugs have been worked out. Don't forget that this is a brand new era for the mustang, not 15 years of the same old workings inside. Give your car time to grow up, its just an infant that needs some time to learn its way. Enjoy the car and let the small stuff slide.

I see these thread is dead, but with that said my car is doing the same thing but intermittent. both the abs and traction control lights turn on then a second later are off. I have also notced my light dim slightly when it happens (not sure if related). I had the alternator issue and handled that.