Problems With A Mass Air Convert 86 Gt

I dumped the codes and got a tps code.
tried reaming out the holes and when in adjustment it was hitting the intake. So i replaced it, dialed in the new 1 and the car started and ran!! Few rides and she smoothed out, but when i push in the clutch in between gears the engine will hold the rpm for a second? My new speedo cable and vss came in the other day and i havent had time to get it in but i am hoping that will solve the issue? Thanks guys!!! All good advice.

• Sponsors (?)

The way the car is set up now is:
i have a A9l, from the numbers and doing research i believe it is a early mass air eec.
a stock 5.0 mass air, 19lb injectors, stock throttle body,new cold air intake..

my motor is a 84 block. I had the 84 for about 20 yrs. I had the motor rebuilt and had 20k on motor when frame rotted. So i put my motor in the 86 and the mods in my motor threw off the speed density system, so thats why i did the conversion to mass air!
i have giant plans but i am not very educated with fuel injection or computers! I have gt 40 heads and intake, a 75mm throttle body, 2 1/2" offroad exhaust,24lb injectors, and a sct big air mass air meter
i plan on doing upgrades asap! Do i need to do anything to my computer to do this? Like have it tuned?

The way the car is set up now is:
i have a A9l, from the numbers and doing research i believe it is a early mass air eec.
a stock 5.0 mass air, 19lb injectors, stock throttle body,new cold air intake..

my motor is a 84 block. I had the 84 for about 20 yrs. I had the motor rebuilt and had 20k on motor when frame rotted. So i put my motor in the 86 and the mods in my motor threw off the speed density system, so thats why i did the conversion to mass air!
i have giant plans but i am not very educated with fuel injection or computers! I have gt 40 heads and intake, a 75mm throttle body, 2 1/2" offroad exhaust,24lb injectors, and a sct big air mass air meter
i plan on doing upgrades asap! Do i need to do anything to my computer to do this? Like have it tuned?

Your throttle body is way big for the rest of your setup, but it will work. Use a 65 MM TB from a V8 explorer and modify the linkage. See http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/engine/ConvertingExplorer65mmTB.pdf for modifications to adapt the 65 MM Explorer TB to a Mustang. You'll find that that it works much better for street driving in traffic. The monster TB you have will make the engine jumpy and hard to get smooth acceleration at part throttle. If you don't think that it matters, just try to blend into stop and go traffic; the car will seem to surge when you press the accelerator.

Other than that, it should be bolt on and go...