PROBLEMS with alternating blinker mod

Discussion in 'Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech' started by Mavrick, Dec 18, 2003.

1. Mavrick

Mavrick Founding Member

Blinker mod referring to this thread..

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?p=3566551#post3566551

I believe i have it hooked up right. I cut the black ground wire from the outter marker light, extended and spliced that wire into the coloured wire (blinker trigger wire) from the inner marker light. The ground wire from the outter marker light (coming out of the bulb housing itself) is left unconnected to anything.

Now, when i put the blinker on, neither marker lights light up, and i can hear a clicking (2x faster than the blinkers flash) coming from a relay or something... sounds like its from under the dash somewhere.

Why isn't this working for me? It has worked for others, being hooked up the same way??

I'd appreciate any input, thanks.
  2. jerry beach

jerry beach Founding Member

I did this to one side of my car about 2 yrs ago. I have have no ill effects from it. I followed the tccoa or whatever it was article too and left the extra wire hanging. Recheck your connections and recheck the directions. My car is an 88 and the wire colors given in the article matched. I think I put a butt splice and tape over the connection. Pretty crappy, but had no probs. PM me if you want the wire colors from my car and I will get them in the daylight.
  3. Mavrick

Mavrick Founding Member

I feel like an idiot.. must have been because i was up so late trying to do this.

Took another look at it tonight, and i had hooked up the outter marker light ground wrong... i connected my new wire to the ground, going through the harness, instead of the ground going to the bulb!!

Works great now, very cool mod.