problems with the 92

Bad92GT

The 5 Minute Plan Man
Jun 10, 2004
SC
Since shes coming back, i need to have a gang plan on tackling at the problems i had with it. To start off, the cars running a Typhoon intake, 70mm BBK TB, 73mm C&L for 24# injectors, FMS 24lbers, ported E7s, crane 2021 (2030 now) cam, crane springs, long tubes, bbk X pipe, flowmasters, electric fan, MSD box, Kirban FPR, 3.73s.. and so on. Couple problems with the car,

1) I feel like the intake is to large for the car.. is it?
2) Car sucks oil BAD at high rpm, the typhoon doesnt have provisions for the oil screen in the lower intake, and so everytime i go to the track, the car ends up smoking and ruining the run. Not sure why, but i've tried ALOT of things to get it to stop, seems like it has alot of crank case pressure, i just cant get it to work out right. It got so bad the car completely filled with smoke, oil went everywhere out the bottom of the car onto the longtubes, and basically toasted my rear main seal. :nonono: i'm starting to wonder if its the valve stem seals are bad, any ideas?
3) the car seems to run lean all the time, pops out the intake every now and then.. not sure what it's because of, just would like some opinions as to where to look.. maybe bump the FPR?

My main consider is the fact the car smokes like a mother at high rpms.. it ruined me at the track everytime, screwing up the plugs, it's that bad. I'm worried the heads might be bad, but I dont have any problems with overheating or smoking at idle.. some help would be appreciated, Thanks

steven

• Sponsors (?)

does the car have a properly working PCV system?

yea for the most part, the car ran and drove great, never saw an ounce of smoke until i slapped the hci on her.. other then the PCV screen not being in there, its like it should be. I'm wondering if its pulling to much vaccum or the valve seals are leaking..