Procharger cams

Defiance GT

Aug 31, 2009
Im looking to do the P-1SC-1 Procharger. I have heard a lot about what to do with forced induction, but i am relying on two of my buddy's opinions one is a speed shop owner and the other is my Ford mechanic (my friend). It REALLY helps when you know who is working on your can and they can pull some strings with ford. Im trying to find out what cams i should do to go with the procharger set up. Looking to build the motor soon so it can handle some real power. :D

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, call Comp and go over specifically what you have in mind for the current project and the future if you plan to build the motor. "Matching a blower with a cam is more art than science"

we just did this 1 to a friends car and it was not easy at all. he did the bigger ic and the front bumper does not go on good. his is a 2005 and had to do alot of bs to the cooling system. we took it to dyno tune it today and we could not do it because it was running hot. the shop told him he should have done a roots type blower. u can see it gets it air from the motor. he did the boost a pump,63 psi inj. we have to go to the 2007 mustang to get the hoses right.

View attachment 221829

we just did this 1 to a friends car and it was not easy at all. he did the bigger ic and the front bumper does not go on good. his is a 2005 and had to do alot of bs to the cooling system. we took it to dyno tune it today and we could not do it because it was running hot. the shop told him he should have done a roots type blower. u can see it gets it air from the motor. he did the boost a pump,63 psi inj. we have to go to the 2007 mustang to get the hoses right.

interesting reply to the op's question about cams:shrug:

he said Im looking to do the P-1SC-1 Procharger. i was just telling him its alot of bs and to go to another type of blower because i did 1 this weekend and im thinking about doing a new mustang and i would not do 1 because of all the bs

That's strange because I installed a Procharger on my '05 with the 3 core cooler with the stock bumper cover and an aftermarket cover. I even fabbed up my own cooler brackets to mount it 2 inches lower with no problems except a little bumper material had to be trimmed because I lowered the cooler. That same set up is now on my son's '05 along with another aftermarket bumper cover. We had to slightly modify (trim) the bumper cover because of the cooler being lower too, but that's why...because we lowered the cooler. Of course, I'm not a backyard mechanic either and I can see where some might stray into problems, no insult intended.

By the way, that blower kit has been on these two cars since early '05 and it's still a seemless, trouble free system. Never overheats, runs flawless with a good quality pro JPC dyno tune.