ProCharger issues, could use some help...

KrisHorton

Apr 22, 2005
Hey folks, I've been having some issues with my ProCharged GT. I took my car to a shop a little while back to have 3.90's and a NX Ntercooler spray bar installed and when I got it back and drove it for a bit, I noticed the bypass valve was no longer discharging like it used to. I don't think the shop that worked on it had anything to do with the problems, so I'm not placing blame, just wanted to mention the mods I had done. The problem I seem to be having is that the valve isn't closing when I get on the throttle, not even at WOT. What can cause this issue? When I let off the throttle after going WOT, it takes a while for the RPM's to come down, there doesn't seem to be any snap, whereas there used to be a very loud blast of air from the valve before.
Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Kris Horton

• Sponsors (?)

When the throttle body is open ( you are accelerating ) the valve is closed. Anytime you begin to let off the throttle the pressure builds up in the blower tubes. That pressure makes it's way through the rubber vacuum hose down to the bypass valve which opens it. You either have the vacuum hose disconnected or a hole is in it, a mechanical bind in the valve or a bad diaphram in the valve.