Procharger's support is worthless!!! Beware!!!

2BADSTANGS

Jun 19, 2008
Colorado
:nonono:(Rant) I have a P1sc intercooled procharger on my '99 Cobra. I learned that they have switched from using chips to tune to Diablosport's Predator. I bought a Predator for my Cobra and went to use it, it saw that there was a chip in my ecm and thus couldn't store a copy of the factorty tune. I can remove the chip, but then my motor would be running a stock tune, and damage would ensue. So I emailed Diablo, they said that Procharger writes their own tunes using Diablo software, thus they didn't have a copy. Fair enough. So I called Procharger, explained that their chip was not allowing my Predator to function as designed and asked if they could give me a copy of the tune that they were now shipping with their kits so that I could substitute the tune for the chip. They did say that they had the tune but told me that the only way I would get a copy of it was to purchase a new system!!! Diablo allows you to update your predator to keep it up with the latest and greatest revisions, why wouldn't Procharger want their customers to have the most current updates/ technolagy for their vehicles? I talked with the customer service manager and he basically said I only get what I paid for originally (chip). He also stated that it would be a liability for the company. I asked him why they were sending the tune with their kits if it was in any way a liability? He said it had to do with my kit being past it's waranty period. If you owned Procharger and all you had to do was copy and email a file to a customer to resolve an issue for him, wouldn't you do it? I'm definatley verry dissapointed to say the least :nonono: What would they tell me if I had a bigger issue (complete failure of system) when they refuse to resolve this one, even though they have all of the means to do so, at no cost to them!?! I was, until now verry happy with my system. I've spent thousands of dollars on their products, and I can't even get a file out of them now? Poor customer service,at best. My advice now, STAY AWAY!!! (Stepping off of soap box...):nonono:

• Sponsors (?)

Hmmm, that's not a good.

IMHO, it sounds like they are considering your old product/combo a "legacy" product nowadays and are leaving a small portion of customers with very little support/updates. :(

Just to be clear, did you ask ProCharger if you could purchase the tune or were you asking them to give you (implying "for free") the tune ? :shrug:

No offense meant; just want to better understand their position based on what you wrote...

Hmmm, that's not a good.

IMHO, it sounds like they are considering your old product/combo a "legacy" product nowadays and are leaving a small portion of customers with very little support/updates. :(

Just to be clear, did you ask ProCharger if you could purchase the tune or were you asking them to give you (implying "for free") the tune ? :shrug:

No offense meant; just want to better understand their position based on what you wrote...
I tried everything including trying to buy it from them, they told me that the only way you can get it from them is to buy a new system.:shrug:

I think the answer is to take the car and the Predator to a good dyno tuner. They will be able to fix this. Sorry to hear about your hassle we have all been there with one company or another.

Try contacting Diablosport and see what they'll do for you. It shouldn't be any issue for them to load your Computer Chip tune to your Hand held. Even if it's at a small cost, its better than starting from scratch. :shrug:

Your not kidding that they suck! I always feel like once they have your money then don't give 2 ****s what happens from there.

Garrett Turbos is that same way! Don't ever try to get them to warranty anything. They will tell you over the phone what size oil line to use but if you try and get in in writing they will not give it to you. Then when you call after the turbo fails they ask you to fill out a warranty card which asks about oil line size. After you turn it in they will either tell you that the oil line was too big or too small and that you voided your warranty!

These big companies seem to have everyone by the balls these days and if you are not wanting to buy anything else they just dont care! I personally try to stick with smaller business' now as their customer service and support is directly link to whether or not they stay in business.

Sorry to hear about you delema man, maybe if you went to their factory and threw the parts through the window, like in the old tire rack commercials, they might actually be willing to help you out! lol