Procomp Electronics HEI Ford Distributor

• Sponsors (?)

not a pro comp, but I've personally been running a Performance Distributors a.k.a. Davis DUI for over eight years , with not a single problem. not one. it fires EVERY time. changed my '68 p/u 390 FE over two years ago, after upgraded to ford's electronic ign, that started having problems w/in two years. switched to Davis DUI and it too fires every time!!

what was in the box???

i just bought one of these and i'm wondering if you received any warranty or product information in the box. Mine just came wiith the distributor and the drive gear. Also was there a way to attach the drive gear to the shaft, mine just slips off.

HEI ford 302 dist.

I bought one of these at the pomona swap meet last week for $69.00 the drive gear falls off it also so I called procomp and talked to their rep. He said its a two piece like a chrys and scar the inside shaft, or just remove the gear with a magnet like a chrys. I figure I'll just put a little bit on yellow glue on the end. Haven't tried to set in in just yet. Ill post when I do. Gary

Still running my DUI with NO problems.
My drive gear is held on like factory with a drive pin?
Just purchase the cap rotor kit from summit for maintenance parts.
Even the module is original.
My ignition would ALWAYS give me problems before DUI
From sitting eight nine months at a time, to being driven only 5-600 miles a year. Coil type ignitions, were ALWAYS a headache.
Typical for me was two years for a coil type ignition, before having to troubleshoot AGAIN, a crank but no start condition.
Buy the REAL deal DUI!!
They even took my cam/motor specs and dialed in my distributor before shipping it to me. Shipped to me, went to the engine dyno, where they messed with timing, jetting, but NO adjustments at all to the advance springs or anything on the distributor.

I bought one of these at the pomona swap meet last week for $69.00 the drive gear falls off it also so I called procomp and talked to their rep. He said its a two piece like a chrys and scar the inside shaft, or just remove the gear with a magnet like a chrys. I figure I'll just put a little bit on yellow glue on the end. Haven't tried to set in in just yet. Ill post when I do. Gary

:D Let us know how that works out for you, after digging the pieces out of your motor like 95Vert383AOD did. :notnice:

not a pro comp, but I've personally been running a Performance Distributors a.k.a. Davis DUI for over eight years , with not a single problem. not one. it fires EVERY time. changed my '68 p/u 390 FE over two years ago, after upgraded to ford's electronic ign, that started having problems w/in two years. switched to Davis DUI and it too fires every time!!

I've been running a Pertronix I & II, plus the Crane XR-1 and a Duraspark for the last 8 years and none have ever missed a spark either. Even with 4 year old plugs. Plus side is mine will also fit under a factory 3x2 aircleaner assembly.:nice:

i bought one and like it, even though im not sure if i trust the parts inside to provide the most accurate spark timing. It is pretty plug and play. I ran mine without problems for 2 years and counting.

PS I do like the gear slips off. I can take the dizzy out and not mess with the gear mesh and timing and just drop the shaft back in on my marks. it works pretty well. good dizzy for the money, not top shelf but still will get the car going where you want it