Programmer Help.

d98gt

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2002
SE Texas
I have a superchip programmer that I got from someone. When he brought his car to a shop (Houston guys have heard horror stories from this shop probably) he told them to return his car to stock with the programmer before they did their own programming for the nitrous tune he was getting set up.

Needless to say, the shop didn't return his car to stock tune with the programmer and when I got it--it's still VIN locked.

Now what I am wondering is.. since he has a custom tune now (not with the programmer that I have currently) how would we go about setting it stock with the superchip programmer since he has a custom setting done. Would it work to just set it to a stock tune, without it messing with his custom tune that has been done?

He's getting in contact with the shop that was supposed to do this for him to see what can be done, but I figured i'd ask you guys to make sure that they don't just :bs: around about it.

• Sponsors (?)

Well I haven't heard any news on it today, though i'll try to find out the deal tomorrow.

Hopefully they purchased an aftermarket chip to put in the car, so this will work. I'll get my money back if there isn't a way---$150 is too much to just lose ;)