programmers for 94-95's?

Superhereaux

chicks make me feel inadequate
Founding Member
Jul 30, 2002
South Texas
i tried search, nothing

i had always assumed there were programmers available for 94-95 gt's but now that i actually try to find one i can't

a guy at work has a 94 gt and his trans has been shifting kinda sluggish lately. i told him a programmer could speed/firm up the shifts but i guess i was wrong

what can he do to speed up the shifts? shift kits? are there programmers?:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

the car is his daily driver and it's BONE stock (never seen that before on a 5 liter car, ever). he's not interested in performance at all, just wants his car to shift like it used to

i've heard about the tweecer but being a 4.6 guy (FoSick fo Life!!!1!!) i have no idea what it is exactly. i know i can search and waid thru pages of info but can someone give me some info on it? price? where to find it?

and as far as shift kits i'm clueless here too. the 4r70w has the j-mod and programmers, no shift kits. where can i find kits for the aode?

If the trans is "acting" up or showing signs of age, like "wanting it to shift like it used too". He may want to take it to a good local shop and make sure its just not at the end of its lifespan. If it is on the end journey then looking to upgrade valvebody/shift kit would be the time to add that to a re-build/re-manu./perf. AOD (such as the lentech/artcarr).

For a stock car that has no plans for mods the tweecer would be a bit overkill.

it's not acting up he says, just sluggish

the car has 121k (maybe 141?) on it and lets just say the owner isn't too obssesed with maintenance. most of these miles are all city so im sure that doesn't help either

i'll tell him to ask one of the old timers here at work to check it out, but my guess is he's gonna need a new/rebuilt tranny:shrug:

Hey super, when I first bought my car I ordered the Hypertech programmer and good thing it was on back order because later I was told it did not change the trans....but the SCT superchip can be mailed to you if your car is basically stock and several things can be helped....pm Don95 vert and he can help you out. He chip'd mine but with mods it was custom...but I have seen him talk of mailing a mod chip....
good luck
Will

Super....I think I know exactly what your friend is talking about being sluggish.....they way mine shifted .......from first to second and so on it would drop from 4500 rpms to 1500 rpm and seemed to slowly slide into gear...... I assure you that Don knows what he is doing with the chip.....I love the way it shifts now and that is without a shift kit........