Progress of my 1993 GT Vert

DonaldJP

Founding Member
Sep 27, 2002
Brooklet, Georgia
Pics of my 1993 GT Vert (One day it will be like I want it)

Well I bought this car for $1500 about a month ago. I have replaced the back Vert Window, new hood, new cowl panel, and new headlights so far. Next I need to replace the drivers side fender and i am gonna install a Stalker Front End. And then maybe my whole front end will align then. And I am gonna install a Saleen wing on it. And I am gonna put a new top on it, probably a black one, and then get it painted. I am also gonna do alot of suspension work on it, and some engine work. Still tryin to decide what all I want to do to it. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

View attachment 402255

View attachment 402257

View attachment 402259

View attachment 402261

View attachment 402263

View attachment 402265

View attachment 402267

View attachment 402269

View attachment 402271

View attachment 402273

View attachment 402275

Just remember, this is a work in progress!!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

It looks like you have a capri fender on the drivers side, but not on the pasenger side. Am i seeing this right?

and no offense, but id lose the sticker on the windshield.

I don't know about the fender, all I know is it is gettin replaced, and don't worry, that sticker is coming off, just got to take the time to do it. It came on the car.

Im pretty sure that its off a capri...they had wider fenders like that. but, when you replace that and the bumper it should help line up your front end. Lookin good!

That is not a Capri fender, but a messed up Mustang fender. Capris did not have wider fenders, they had a "bulge" in them at the top but the fenders sat right where a regular Mustang fender would, because the wheel flare over the arch is smaller on the Capri.

Looking like its moving along. The hood and cowl are not my taste, but to each his own!

That is not a Capri fender, but a messed up Mustang fender. Capris did not have wider fenders, they had a "bulge" in them at the top but the fenders sat right where a regular Mustang fender would, because the wheel flare over the arch is smaller on the Capri.

Looking like its moving along. The hood and cowl are not my taste, but to each his own!

The body molding looks symetrical in front, and behind the wheel.. it curves in at the bumper, but i dont see any creases :shrug: I thought frankies fenders looked just like that... ill try to find a pic..

Its ALL because of the accident, that is a Mustang fender, nothing like the Capri one. I see what your saying, but trust me, its a banged up Mustang one, not a Capri one!

OK FINE JUST PEE IN MY WHEATIES WHY DONT YOU!!!!!!!!! :D

By the way, owner of the car... check your radiator support before you install the new bumper.. if its bent from the collision youll want to get it fixed.....

Then again, im sure his holiness 25th Mustang will chime in and tell me im wrong about that as well.. :D :D :D

Well I just got some tax money in today, so I am thinkin I might go ahead and order the Stalker Front End and a drivers side fender, Cervinis wants $550 for the front end, but I found it at abcexclusive.com for $289.95, which is alot better plus shipping. Tryin to think of what else I need to get.

just make sure the front bumper is urathane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont get fiberglass crap

i just had my stalker bumper cover painted from cervinis and hit a raccoon doing like 70 never messed the bumper up a bit but it spiderwebbed the paint and now its all flaking off:( i like the cowl vent too..you dont see many of them

View attachment 402020

The part i have in the red box looks the same as the capri fenders on frankies car.. thats what made me thing it was a capri fender. but i see what you mean about the little hump at the top of the fender not being there on his...

Mine's slightly bulged out a bit because of a renegade suicidal deer. LOL :nice:

A straight one for your viewing pleasure:

mercury_capri_rs_fender_stripe_kit.jpg