Progress pics of my light titanium notch

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by BlooDReigN, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Well...I bought this thing late June 2006. Found it sitting in a junkyard and I was amazed at the condition it was in for a junkyard car. They wanted 1000 dollars for it and they said the tranny was screwed. So I offered em 800 dollars CAD for it, topped the A4LD up with ATF and drove it home without a hitch. The car drove perfectly straight, braked straight, has pretty much 0 rust except under the battery tray and best of all...had black leather interior! The only bad thing about the car was that it was an automatic 4 cylinder, but I didn't really care because I would be swapping the entire powertrain anyway.

Heres some pics just after I got it...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Heres a few pics of the engine while I was building it. Usin a 1969 351W block.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Heres a few pics of the cylinder heads...AFR 205's with nitrous porting option.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now heres a few after the engine was assembled and ready to drop in...
    Put the headers on just for show :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The tranny and engine are united at last! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's about it for the engine etc....Heres pics of the new suspension I installed in the car...Trying to make this car go good in a straight line AND through the corners...not something alot of Mustangs do.

Front coil over...

[​IMG]

Front control arm...

[​IMG]

Heres some random pics of the suspension while it was goin together...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now the suspension is all together...here's what it all looks like

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's about it for now...Hopin to have the car running mid-late next month. Pretty well all it needs now is fuel lines, which I am upgrading and a few little wiring things are left. I'll keep this thread updated as I get things done to the car.

2. wonderful wonderful work!!!

3. Nice :nice: If I ever repaint my LX that will be the color I choose!!

FarBeyondDriven, those are the valve covers you want!

4. sweet dude....your gonna have a lil getty up:nice: :nice: :nice:

5. Looks awesome :D Can't wait to see some pics when it's nearing completion.

6. Awesome work, keep us upadated...

By the way thats vinyl not leather, 4 cyls only came with vinyl but it is rare none the less!

7. DOH, oh well, i'll probably be getting rid of the front seats anyway for some racing seats that give some support. I'll probably be flying out the window if i take a corner too hard with those seats :rlaugh: The ashtray door works though. It didn't when I got it, the spring kinda came off the underside of the door, but when I put the spring back on, it worked :D

8. awsome man, i love what your doing....reminds me of mattmcdan. did you get the maximum grip box or something...

9. going to need a pretty high hood to clear that intake

10. light titanium frost for the win.

backleft.jpg

car and engine looking great.

Attached Files:

11. Titanium Frost and Light Titanium are different. :) Yours is lighter, ours is a little darker.

I will one day own a stock 5.0 90 Light Titanium Notch to go along side my Hatch....

12. :jaw: :eek: :hail2: :D omg you rule

13. Everything looks great except those brakes... must've come over on the Mayflower. Just kidding guy... nice set up.

14. he doesn't have to stop.. he can just turn now lol

15. Looks amazing so far. Lotza $$$$$$ in there for sure!!!!

16. the name of this thread is pics of my light titanium notch.... did i miss something, i know that light titanium frost and titanium frost are different.

17. Titanium notch=:drool: Everything you're doing to it= more :drool: I can't wait to see more progress pics. Keep up the great work man.

18. This coupe is not Titanium Frost. Or Light Titanium Frost. There is no Frost in the name. It's Light Titanium. :nice:

19. oh i cant tell in a garage. so yours is light titanium, no frost?