Progress Thread Project 2015 Gt: Waiting For New Go Fast Parts

84Ttop

They make new pistons every day, so why worry?
5 Year Member
Jul 2, 2009
South Jersey
So here it is! After a long anticipated wait my 2015 Mustang GT is finally here!
I picked the car up last night from the dealer and it is everything I expected and more. The ride quality is far superior to any previous model year, it's very comfortable to drive and handles incredibly. If you guys don't know the extremes that I take my projects to you will soon find out.

IMG_20141113_143623175.jpg

IMG_20141113_143732539.jpg

When I picked the car up it had 24 miles on the clock and I headed straight to our in house dyno at All Out Automotive. With just 65 Miles on the clock we strapped it to the rollers to see if it lived up to its claim.

IMG_20141113_164037360_HDR.jpg

We are using a Dynocom eddy current load bearing dyno which is very similar and most often compared to a "Mustang Dyno".
Here are our initial results as the car was delivered:

_20141114_072742.JPG

372 rwhp/ 347 rwtq through the automatic and calculated engine HP comes in right at 428.2. This is right in line within a % or so of what Ford claims the car makes. Stick shift cars should produce slightly higher numbers.

Here was the odometer after the initial dyno pull:
IMG_20141113_171446126.jpg

All in all I can't be happier with the car and the initial performance. Stay tuned for the upgrades! Magnaflow exhaust is coming first and you will soon see a thread outlining the installation and dyno testing of that system in our Tech forum.

One more picture just because:
IMG_265960024251914.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

What are your impressions of the look of the car. Does it look much different than the pics show once you see one in person? With that flat torque curve it had to pull real well at WOT.

What are your impressions of the look of the car. Does it look much different than the pics show once you see one in person? With that flat torque curve it had to pull real well at WOT.
The car is much more impressive to look at in person. The compound body lines can not be given enough justice in pictures in my opinion. The flat torque curve is awesome. The car feels amazing at WOT and I'm very interested in getting some track data. It snowed here last night so who knows when that will happen, lol. Overall I am very impressed with the drive quality and power that it has made. The new paddle shifters with the updated SR80 automatic make it a blast to drive thus far

So was just thinking about something . Since a warrantee is out the window have you a Kris thought about upgrading the oil pump gears ? they are known failure points even in bone stock motors . I would HATE. to see you have an issue .

Tuned in to see what this bad boy makes !

Reactions: 1 user
Here is the daylight picture. We had some snow the other morning and i had to wait for things to clear up a bit.
DSC_0752.JPG

As far as mods go, Full Magnaflow exhaust is done and an write up on that will be up in the tech section later today. Here is a teaser picture of that one:

DSC_0768.JPG

And one more teaser, but I won't say anymore about this one for about a week so don't even think about asking: :p

IMG_20141116_145954607.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
So was just thinking about something . Since a warrantee is out the window have you a Kris thought about upgrading the oil pump gears ? they are known failure points even in bone stock motors . I would HATE. to see you have an issue .

Tuned in to see what this bad boy makes !
I think we will push this motor for a bit before it comes completely apart. I may or may not build a new motor for the car this winter, depends on how things go. @Sharad can attest to the nightmare that this all is, lol.

Reactions: 1 user
I think we will push this motor for a bit before it comes completely apart. I may or may not build a new motor for the car this winter, depends on how things go. @Sharad can attest to the nightmare that this all is, lol.
Yeah I seen his frustrated Facebook posts day after day LOL

Hp goals are somewhere in the 700rwhp range for now. I have been know to get carried away with projects like this rather quickly. The paint is one of those weird colors to photograph. It's gray and it's green all at the same time.