Project 81 Hack Job!!!!!

Thanks guys!! Yeah, the yellow takes some getting used to. At first, I was going black, but I already have a black one, I thought about red, but I decided to go yellow, and now I really like it.

CHANGE OF PLANS: I got the alignment, but he couldn't tint the windows today. The backlglass has some nasty buetel tape on it and it overhanges very unevenly on the back glasses edge. So.....................I am gonna pull the back glass today, clean it up, take it over to him, he'll tint it with it out of the car to get perfect cut lines, then I'm gonna reinstall it tomorrow. So while I'm upset it couldn't get done today, he is right, it will come out better when it's out. And I'm reinstalling it with urethane. Buetel tape is old school, and it isn't as strong.

• Sponsors (?)

Great job man! What a sick car! :drool: I really enjoyed keeping up with the build of Hack Job. Too bad there won't be anymore threads after the next one.:(

So, what are you building next?:D You have to keep us entertained!

haha....I won't be building anything else anytime soon. I need a break. I also want to drywall my garage, paint my bathroom etc....in the house.

I'm not done building cars and there will be another Mustang build next year, not sure what it'll be. Fox, SN, New Edge....something.

i dont remember what the first thread i saw on here about the car was, but i remember thinking "good luck thats a lofty goal"

congrats man, you did it and it looks great.

forget the house build another car.

Can't wait to see your next project. The house is important too, they very easily eat money faster than a car. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the setup, if the motor in the notch ever went south I know this would be the first thing that creeped into my mind...

Can't wait to see your next project. The house is important too, they very easily eat money faster than a car. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the setup, if the motor in the notch ever went south I know this would be the first thing that creeped into my mind...

Yeah, the house is fun too....because that is where you spend most of your time. I would hate to sell one my notchbacks, and I would hate to sell the Cobra. But..........if I could pic one to sell, I keep thinking how kick ass it would be to put a nice nice bathroom in the basement. I mean, jacuuzi tub, nice granite shower stall, nice floor etc.... Right now I have to run up the stairs everytime I have to go to the bathroom. When I have parties at my house, that gets old quick.

I also want to drywall my garage, which won't cost much so I won't have to sell a car for that, but one less car would be much easier to move around the garage and backyard.

If the motor in the 91 went out, I think it would get just a stock replacement from one of many in my backroom here. If the 81, well 2001 4.6L engine went out, I'd be pist, but that would get a stock replacement too. I have one spare sitting in the backroom too. Lets hope not though...hehe.

Thanks bro!! I drove it into work yesterday after the alignment, and these two guys came outside and were just droooooolling over the wheels/car. They offered to trade me their truck, (as a joke), but they were like...."Man we were waiting to see what we were hearing coming down the street."

Thanks. I think just about everybody who likes this car has showed up in this thread. And I appreciate it. Just keep on stand-by for the final thread.

Except....I don't 1990Coupe has been in here???? :shrug: Where you at?:D

Yeah, the house is fun too....because that is where you spend most of your time. I would hate to sell one my notchbacks, and I would hate to sell the Cobra. But..........if I could pic one to sell, I keep thinking how kick ass it would be to put a nice nice bathroom in the basement. I mean, jacuuzi tub, nice granite shower stall, nice floor etc.... Right now I have to run up the stairs everytime I have to go to the bathroom. When I have parties at my house, that gets old quick.

I also want to drywall my garage, which won't cost much so I won't have to sell a car for that, but one less car would be much easier to move around the garage and backyard.

If the motor in the 91 went out, I think it would get just a stock replacement from one of many in my backroom here. If the 81, well 2001 4.6L engine went out, I'd be pist, but that would get a stock replacement too. I have one spare sitting in the backroom too. Lets hope not though...hehe.

I just finished redoing the upstairs bathroom in my house and i'm really pleased with it. Now that my entire upstairs has been redone it feels like a new house. I've been thinking of selling my notch to my brother to use the money to redo the kitchen which is the only thing left. As much as I love it I can't help but think how nice it would be to have a nicer kitchen. I'm having a hard time thinking about it though as i've totally fallen in love with the notchback body style. I wish my hatch was a notch! I also wish I had the time/money to do the incredible work you've done to Hackjob, I can't say enough good things about it!

like i said. i want your car. it came out rediculous. ill be waitin for interior pics an while im waitin ill ship you my car so you can get started on it. doesnt need to much so you should be done with it alot quicker then "hack job" lol. no seriously..there will be a red lx on your lawn very soon! : )

I just finished redoing the upstairs bathroom in my house and i'm really pleased with it. Now that my entire upstairs has been redone it feels like a new house. I've been thinking of selling my notch to my brother to use the money to redo the kitchen which is the only thing left. As much as I love it I can't help but think how nice it would be to have a nicer kitchen. I'm having a hard time thinking about it though as i've totally fallen in love with the notchback body style. I wish my hatch was a notch! I also wish I had the time/money to do the incredible work you've done to Hackjob, I can't say enough good things about it!

That's cool man. I really like cool bathrooms, and that is a huge point in the house actually. Kitchens are the largest selling point I have heard, and mine is good, but it could use a nice harwood/laminate floor. The linolium ain't cuttin it. I don't know if I would make any rash decisions as selling your car. Enjoy it this summer, see what you can save over fall and winter, then make the decision next spring. If you don't have enough, then sell it, but if you just got the bathroom done, then take a brake.

So when is the tint going to be done now?

At 8:00a.m. tomorrow morning Hack Job is getting dropped off to get the quarter windows and door glasses tinted. He offered to tint the windshield, what do you guys think????

His tint is 5%, 15%, 20%, 25%, 35%, 40%, 50%. I got 15% on the backglass, and I was thinking 20% on the sides.

like i said. i want your car. it came out rediculous. ill be waitin for interior pics an while im waitin ill ship you my car so you can get started on it. doesnt need to much so you should be done with it alot quicker then "hack job" lol. no seriously..there will be a red lx on your lawn very soon! : )

Thanks a lot. I built this car and all long the way, I was planning on selling it. Now that it's done I think I might be selling the black one. I love that black one, but this yellow one is trick. The glassman came with 3 coworkers, and they were like, "WHOAAA look at that dash, did that fit right in???" I can't wait to get it to the cruise spot. I'm a little mad that the weather is crappy here til next Tuesday. There was a big car show Saturday, that might not take place now....:mad:

When I wake up, the red LX, will be there right???:D

" When I wake up, the red LX, will be there right???:D"

dont test me. ill do it. my car could use a paint job, rims/tires, and all the glass. ive been wanting to show you guys what it looked like after it got vandalized but its on a diff camera. im tryin to get it on the comp. since the windows have to come out before i can put new ones in..i misewell paint it vibrant red right :shrug: also, saw that you have a bunch of tires on one of your threads...you might have to hook me up so i can have some 17s on before mustang week. tell me your goin with " hack job"

I just dropped the car off. The car looks great with just the backglass in, so I can't wait to see it all done. 20% will be just right too. I might take it out after school tonight, but I can't roll the windows down and I don't want to get pulled over.