project 94' gt cheap stang'

• Sponsors (?)

sorry about the pics fella's....i'll do my best to get a few up tomorrow. thanks again for all the input! I do have another question though...on the drivers front of the lower intake manifold is a round, two prong clip (i think it is the intake air temp sensor) mine is unplugged and i can't see a connector in the harness to fit it. Is it possible that the intake came off a car that used the sensor but mine did not use this sensor. Or did all thses things have it? I'm confused because theres nothing to plug in there...oh well, i guess it will work out!!!

sorry about the pics fella's....i'll do my best to get a few up tomorrow. thanks again for all the input! I do have another question though...on the drivers front of the lower intake manifold is a round, two prong clip (i think it is the intake air temp sensor) mine is unplugged and i can't see a connector in the harness to fit it. Is it possible that the intake came off a car that used the sensor but mine did not use this sensor. Or did all thses things have it? I'm confused because theres nothing to plug in there...oh well, i guess it will work out!!!

well, i figured out what the switch was...air intake temp. my intake must be off an older model cause i have that switch in the air tube already. Sorry about not posting pics but between long days and no camera batteries i was unable to get them up. I do have a few new pics now so i'll post'm up.

101_0659.jpg glow gauges

101_0658.jpg smoked tail lights

o.k...so i can only upload two pics at a time without deleting the pics posted previous to these??? how does that work? I did it as an attachment and i can only do two at a time...am i doing this wrong because everybody else has several pics on their threads...whats the right way to do this??? help!:shrug:

You will like those GT40P's with the TFS1 cam. I had Thumper port and polish mine, along with installing bigger valves and stiffer springs. I am running a stock cam with 1.72 rockers, and still noticed a great gain bolting them on. I have a video on here somewhere roasting my 315's. I had ordered a custom cam, but it never panned out so I am going back to my original plan of stock cam + vortech. I will be updating my head thread with dyno numbers this summer after the vortech goes on. I havent regretted going 40P yet.

You will like those GT40P's with the TFS1 cam. I had Thumper port and polish mine, along with installing bigger valves and stiffer springs. I am running a stock cam with 1.72 rockers, and still noticed a great gain bolting them on. I have a video on here somewhere roasting my 315's. I had ordered a custom cam, but it never panned out so I am going back to my original plan of stock cam + vortech. I will be updating my head thread with dyno numbers this summer after the vortech goes on. I havent regretted going 40P yet.

i have heard good things about that combo so i'm hopeing it all pans out. I'm hopeing to push that 300 mark as much as i can. I'll be looking foward to those dyno numbers when you post'm...i'd like to vortech mine as well when the funds will allow it!

well...finally got the stang woke up around 10.30 saturday night and took her for a spin. All i can say is wow! I love this head and cam combo. Floor it in second at anything above 2 grand and the tires will spin. When i let off spinning i was doing 60...thats wild...not sure how the neighbors may have felt though, so one time around the block was sufficient! Also, scored some torque thrust 2s over the weekend...17 by 9s and 17 by 10.5s. I do need advice on tire sizes though. the bare wheels clear everything with room to spare but i don't wanna order tires only to have them rub. Everybody seems to think 315s out back but according to the specs i'm not sure they will clear on a 94'...dunno, any advice is appreciated!

Awesome thread! Now we want to see a video or two. I love it when people just DO IT and don't lollygag around for a year or two. Yeah, you can do it this way and that way and you should get THIS done before THAT..yadda yadda yadda. But as you can attest now, if you just bolt the crap on and go with it you'll usually find it to work out just fine. Kudos for you!! And don't forget, VIDEOS or BANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Awesome thread! Now we want to see a video or two. I love it when people just DO IT and don't lollygag around for a year or two. Yeah, you can do it this way and that way and you should get THIS done before THAT..yadda yadda yadda. But as you can attest now, if you just bolt the crap on and go with it you'll usually find it to work out just fine. Kudos for you!! And don't forget, VIDEOS or BANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

probably have to get my wife to do a video...i didn't think i was ever gonna get the pics up on here. But i will get one a.s.a.p....i wouldn't mind see'n an idiot with some horsepower myself..lol! Hey, any idea on tire fitment from my previos post?

Congrats and getting it going. That's always nerve racking when you go to turn the key after such a big tear down.

yeah, i was sweet'n it pretty good! I've had a bunch of motors apart but i always get nervous when it's time to fire'm up. The stang actually started great...we turn it thru by hand a couple times just to be sure...bumped it over with the switch just to be sure...and then when i spun it over it fired right up. I still need to set the timing and idle speed but i'm gonna weight on that till i do the t/b, mass air and injectors this weekend. I'm real well pleased so far. Also, any ideas on the tire fitment issue i mentioned earlier...Thanks.

I would run 285's on the rear if you are really worried about rubbing. I have 315's on mine, removed the quad shocks, and the only thing close to rubbing is the ebrake cable. I dont know my backspacing on my wheels, but they are 10.5's from American Muscle for 94-04 models. Most of the rubbing issues seem to come from those who drop their cars down really low. I just have BBK springs (1.5 inch drop I think), so I dont have a drastic drop. Congrats on the engine firing right up. Am I right in assuming you still have the stock injectors and MAF? I figure thats what you mean by "I'll do the injectors, t/b, etc this weekend." Did you get a chip, or just running the stock computer tune?