Project- 9's for 9K.. :)

• Sponsors (?)

A few updates on our shop car

We have busted WAY through the 9K budget on this build.. Oh well.. ;) I tried..

I ditched the SCT tuner and stock ECM for a Big Stuff 3, 96lb injectors, and 3 bar MAP setup. Picked up the entire setup from DetroitSpeed Shop for 1600.00 with the terminated harness. I think the standalone will make for much easier tuning when the car heads to MPH for fine tuning. I plan on doing a rough tune on the car to get it broken in and running.. Then, let Tim work his magic to get some power out of her.. :

The trickflow track heat intake manifold and 75mm TB are sold.. and have been replaced with the Edelbrock intake manifold, Elbow and 90mm FAST LS1 TB.

I have decided to let MPH grind a set of cams for this build... It seems as though they have the best handle on what the mod motor likes as far as turbo cams.. Still have to pay for those..

The JW TH400 setup is ready to bolt up.. and all that is left is to get a driveshaft cut for this setup. (anyone know of a company that sells one for the 8.8 rear?)

And last.. but not least.. We have finally started to assemble the engine..

I was going to go with billet i-beams, but, I think that the h-beams will hold up just fine at 1000hp. Hell.. I've built 5 and 600hp turbo 4 bangers with smaller h-beams that have never had a problem. I don't plan to rev this engine out past 6500-6800rpm, and the rods have ARP 2000 7/16" bolts.. We'll see..

Enginebuild1.jpg

Enginebuild3.jpg

Enginebuild5.jpg

Enginebuild6.jpg

Enginebuild7.jpg

Enginebuild8.jpg

Enginebuild9.jpg

Enginebuild10.jpg