Project boot leg power pipe under way

• Sponsors (?)

pretty rad, i like the idea, but it still puts that 90* bend right before the MAF meter, which i'm not too fond of. personally, i'd put the MAF in the fender right after the filter. that way it's straight on and is outside of the engine compartment, getting it's measurement with the colder air.

props so far, though! :nice:

Alright so today I painted it and decided by popular vote to put the MAF right behind the air filter. i modified the pipe a bit so this could happen and that Fusion paint does kick ass. Pics coming soon. It should look pretty legit when done!

Ive got a Dense Charger air intake that is black PVC pipe, it used to only go into the fender well i added a couple 45* angles to it and now the air filter is behind the fog light. Kinda neat to be able to add onto your intake.. But i also have a anderson power pipe sitting my closet waiting to be put on.. lol.

This is pretty much whats its gonna be...
powerpipe011.jpg

powerpipe012.jpg

powerpipe013.jpg

Looks good now. Can't even tell it's PVC pipe.

You should seriously make another one, paint it, and sell it on Ebay. I honestly wonder how much it would go for. People bid on everything on Ebay. I can't believe the stuff I have sold.

Well I will say this.........I just received my new JLT cold air for my fox. Absolutely sick! The pipe is freakin huge and fit and finish is very nice (however haven't installed yet). Nice replacement over my MAC kit. I tossed up buying a Anderson but it didn't come with a filter and it was already more than the JLT.

Your attempt at a homeade looks damn better than the one I tried a few years back and I'll be honest it doesn't look a whole lot different than my JLT :eek: Except mine cost 200 bucks............

yeah,the thing that would really clean up the look of it is if you just bought single pieces of pvc with the bend already in it so its not so many pieces put together.in any case you cant complain,what it cost 20 bucks?