Progress Thread Project: Buried Under A Mountain Of Snow Black Hole Money Pit.

• Sponsors (?)

Would be sweet to have the intake arranged so that the valve covers could be removed without touching the upper plenum.
Spider efi with a 4150 elbow might do the trick ?

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Spider efi with a 4150 elbow might do the trick ?

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate
that would work also we can check the valves on the turbo car like this. just gotta pull the charge pipe since its in the way

that would work also we can check the valves on the turbo car like this. just gotta pull the charge pipe since its in the way
I figured as much with the charge pipe still much easier then having to pull upper everytime

if any one wanted to know where you go broke building a car...

its the little :poo: that nickle and dimes you! ive spent so much on electrical terminals in the last few weeks its crazy

Reactions: 1 users
if any one wanted to know where you go broke building a car...

its the little **** that nickle and dimes you! ive spent so much on electrical terminals in the last few weeks its crazy
Ah yes . Those are perks of the job for me [emoji6]

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah man. As soon as my heads sell, I'm gonna go ape sh*t buying the stupid little pieces I still need and see where that $1000 gets me. Hopefully close enough to make it run.

Have you ever tried using a dial indicator to set the valve clearance? it works well with shaft mounted rocker arms, but I have never tired it with stud mounted rockers. You would be surprised at the extra kick you get when all of the valve clearances are set using a dial indicator. I did it with an engine that called for .016 intake and exhaust and dialed the clearances down to.012 exhaust and .008 intake .When I drove the car, it would drive normally up to 3500 RPM in first gear; then it surged and would hit 6000 RPM in almost the blink of an eye..

i really dont think we will find 5-7% more power in a 2000hp car or a 1000hp car but i'll try it

some more progress has been made on this...

Attachments

• 1457660821584.jpg
    1457660821584.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 164
i really dont think we will find 5-7% more power in a 2000hp car or a 1000hp car but i'll try it

some more progress has been made on this...

I can't say what you'll gain.. But I can attest to the accuracy of an indicator vs feeler gauges. Being a millwright/machinist I'll only use feeler gauges if there is no alternative. With feeler gauges you can definitely miss your clearance you are looking for due to deflection or human error. (Feel) Indicators never vary.

yea id like to try it to see if there is anything to be found there. just not sure how id even mount a mag base to it. not a lot of steel near by to mount too

well... all the un needed wire is out of it now...

well at least all the :poo: im getting rid of

Attachments

• 944927_10154074930509380_1415820822381478889_n.jpg
    944927_10154074930509380_1415820822381478889_n.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 161