Progress Thread Project Copper Can

So not a whole lot of progress on the car I started taking it apart but I'm not going any further until the garage is up. Speaking of garage here are some pics of it going up some this past weekend. If you look at the center post just to put into perspective it's 24' long post. I also have a lead on a 9000 lb 2 post rotary car lift a guy is looking to practically give away.

IMG_2033.JPG

IMG_2034.JPG

IMG_2035.JPG

Reactions: 4 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Excuse me while I drool for a minute over my intake I just got back from powder coat. Satin black with satin black valve covers makes for a nice look in the engine bay if I do say so myself.
IMG_2164.JPG
IMG_2165.JPG
IMG_2166.JPG

Also working diligently towards finishing this garage up just waiting for a warm day to pour concrete now.

Reactions: 8 users
Excuse me while I drool for a minute over my intake I just got back from powder coat. Satin black with satin black valve covers makes for a nice look in the engine bay if I do say so myself.
IMG_2164.JPG
IMG_2165.JPG
IMG_2166.JPG

Also working diligently towards finishing this garage up just waiting for a warm day to pour concrete now.
Man! Very nice!

IMG_2164.JPG
IMG_2165.JPG
IMG_2166.JPG

I just saw this in a FB group. 8.2 Deck Mafia. I guess that was you. :nice:

Reactions: 1 user

That's rather odd - I have always seen the concrete footer poured first, then the concrete is poured, then brackets or bolts put down in the concrete while it is wet. The wood vertical studs and horizontal framework don't sit in the dirt or directly on the concrete because moisture will eventually cause the wood to rot. There is supposed to be some tar paper or heavy gauge plastic water barrier between any wood and ground or concrete. If you live in the warm, moist, parts of the south, this is especially true that water induced rot will be a problem. Even wood rated for direct contact with soil will rot and crumble in just a few years. The possible exception is telephone poles, but they even have a service lifetime. The pressure treated wood prevents the bugs from eating it, but doesn't prevent water from rotting the wood.

Last edited:
I guess we will see how this goes but they treat it like a pole barn. They use the band board around the bottom as 3 sides of the form for the concrete. The concrete will surround the posts holding them in place as well.

Couple of updates again I've really been neglecting this thread here. Got the concrete poured in the garage and put some metal up onto the sides, I'm nearing the end of this project. Also I was able to scrape up enough monies to make this purchase.... you can say things are getting pretty serious now.
@TOOLOW91 @84Ttop @srtthis
IMG_2227.JPG
IMG_2233.JPG
IMG_2234.JPG
IMG_2280.PNG

Reactions: 4 users