Project "Face Off": 1980 Mercury Capri aero to four eye Progress Thread!

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by FrankenStang, Oct 1, 2008.

1. No we were looking at one on ebay but it ended up being waayyyy too expensive. Buying local FTW!
  2. what no new progress:shrug:? this has been years in the making, i'm getting anxious!!!
  3. :stupid:
  4. Yes, updates.....
  5. Sorry guys, still working on getting a front end. Parts are hard to come by and when they DO pop up, I'm usually broke. :cry:
  6. No luck on a front end. The red one in the jy has a tear in it. Might have to just settle for it, though. :(
  7. how big of a tear?

I have used SEM Bumper Repair with great success

Attached Files:

8. Some idiot cut a hole in the bumper and fed a tow strap through it. :nonono:
  9. I have yet to have time to go to the JY and get that front end and hood. :(
  10. Ok, so tomorrow were going to the junkyard to tear the front end and hood off the red Capri. Assuming it's still there.

Please, let it be there. :(
  11. *keeps fingers crossed all night*
  12. Guess what?

wait for it........

13. WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!

Everything we got cost under $135.00. :eek:

Thank you, Aaron! :grouphug:
  14. Yes :nice:. Thats a sweet deal. I'm really looking forward to seeing this car transform back to a Capri. Congrats on the parts.
  15. Since you were unable to source a RS nose then I would go with your idea of putting the Saleen lower with the Capri upper :nice:
  16. Really need someone to explain how to convert the wiring from the Aero 3-wire 2-headlight setup to the four-eyed 5-wire/4-headlight setup.