Project "Face Off": 1980 Mercury Capri aero to four eye Progress Thread!

• Sponsors (?)

:thinking: *orders air damn and some sexy underwear*

:lol:

Make sure it's the right part number. :fuss:

Mike Croke (FEP Capri guru) said:
Glad to hear things are progressing. :)

Mine is a 3127 (just looked under the car). My car is a '79 with a Maier hood and the '86 bubble hatch.

All '79-'86 Capris had the same front bumper covers so you want the 3127. Get the 3127.

The 3129 is for the '83-'86 Mustang only (not Capris) because those bumper covers were just different enough to require a slightly different air dam.

Mine is molded on. I cut the factory bumper cover 1"-2" below the beltline molding. I sanded the bumper cover and inner part of the air dam and applied flexible adhesive. Then I ran big ugly screws through both to hold everything together while the adhesive set. Once the adhesive was fully cured, I removed the screws and filled in the holes left behind. Also ran a bead of the adhesive along the top of the air dam to fill the gap between the air dam and the beltline molding. Then sanded everything until it looked like a single piece.

Mike Croke's '79 Capri... :hail2:
DrEvil1.jpg

Caprihmercmoldingedit.jpg

My Mom is finally accepting the idea of FrankenStang getting it's identity back. I showed her some pictures of some really nice Capri's. She's all for it now. :D

She used to give me the Evil Eye if I mentioned it. :hide:

Updated list

1. Four-eye front bumper fascia and bumper support Check
2. Related four-eye lights and lenses Check
3. Hood Check
4. Side molding trim (at least for the front and rear fenders) Check
5. Rear bumper Got a lead on one.

Optional extras (IMO):

1. ALL side molding trim, front to back
2. The almighty sail panel windows (and trim) Check
3. Tail lenses. Got a lead on some.
4. Hood scoop
5. RS bumper airdam and side skirts Got a lead on one.(Xenon 79-83 air dam #3127)
6. Complete four-eye interior

:banana: