Progress Thread Project Problem Child

• Sponsors (?)

Well, I got the rest of the port work done. Shaving the heads tomorrow. Ordering the cam, rod and main bearings tomorrow as well. Ordering .0001" under bearings for the mains. They literally were only that much out of spec for stock. Soon after that, I will be ordering the piston rings.

They transfer a lot of vibration fwiw. I'd recommend energy suspension mounts, less vibration(near stock),they lower the motor slightly(good for hood clearance/intakes).

Yeah, I guess solid mounts have their olace. I just get a bit of a kick out of the car shaking and rocking because of the cam. Haha. I need to make a copy of the flaming river steering shaft so I can set my engine in without the 1/2" spacers under the stock mounts. Thee bbk long tubes hit the rag joint to the point of not being able to turn,without them. That was my uncles remedy until I decided to a address the issue and now is as good a time as any,right?

I have to figure out what I'm going to do for clearance there myself. I'm thinking the mm shaft but not sure yet. I actually thought about starting a thread and asking...:shrug:

hell yeah....lol had to resize them on my phone,sent it so my email, resize it again on photobucket then send them to my desktop and then upload them here.

None of that is even necessary. From your phone, use your web browser to view the forum (TT sucks). You will default to the mobile skin. Upload your photos and videos directly to the server via the "upload file" button.

No muss. No fuss.

Well, I didn't get around to doin much of anything. Got tied up messing with this thing

Attachments

• 20160128_143057.jpg
    20160128_143057.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 121
wish it was me. haha its a customer.
it doesn't have the original engine in it. he has it stored,jic he wants to sell it.
its a 351w with e-street heads, what sounds like a pro-stock cam, performer intake, 750 HP-series holley, headers, toploader and 4.11's with a tru-trac diff.
currently havings to break the news to the cutomer that, unless some changes are made, its not gonna make the power he is wanting.
he bought the engine from a scam-artist engine assembler.

it doesn't have the original engine in it. he has it stored,jic he wants to sell it.
its a 351w with e-street heads, what sounds like a pro-stock cam, performer intake, 750 HP-series holley, headers, toploader and 4.11's with a tru-trac diff.
currently havings to break the news to the cutomer that, unless some changes are made, its not gonna make the power he is wanting.
E streets suck! Definetly not a good choice.

I would love to have that car.. I had a '70 years ago. It sickens me when i think of how little I sold it for and what they bring now. I would have one it it weren't for that. :(

Reactions: 1 user
I knocked down the bump as much as I was comfortable with. Then opened up the port by means of the roof. The pictures don't quite show the work I did. But, you get the point. I knocked off .015" of the heads. Was worried about intake bolt problems,seeing as the block is already zero deacked. Hope it makes a good bit of difference. Or at least a measurable amount of good,power wise. So, as a recap it is about a half point compression increase and some VERY simple port work. I'm no master porter and don't want these heads to be ruined by a simple mistake. Maybe,one day, I'll get a set of crap heads from a junkyard and give them a try for a max effort job.

One question tho, if anybody listened to that idle video, what can I do to rid that never ending Soundwave resonance sound? The car really doesn't sound like it has a "sound" at idle and you can't really hear the cam. It's more of just a noise at this point. Is it just a dumped 40 series flowmaster thing?

One question tho, if anybody listened to that idle video, what can I do to rid that never ending Soundwave resonance sound? The car really doesn't sound like it has a "sound" at idle and you can't really hear the cam. It's more of just a noise at this point. Is it just a dumped 40 series flowmaster thing?
Yes the extra tailpipe will carry the sound out more.