Project "ticket" is under way

Iyzak

Oct 22, 2009
finally started working on my baby 90 mustang gt bought for a $1k
the only thing i'm keeping on the car is the 3.73 rear gears it came with :)

started out dip stick broke some feel into the oil pan couldn't get it out so pulled the engine and got it out with the car having 350k miles we decided to do some inspecting everything seems great :hail2:

since the engine was pulled and i had a couple extra $ the project was declared started perfect timing to with the government pay freeze :nice:

New Heads just weren't in my price range for awhile so we ported and polished the intake ports and will be doing the same to the Exhaust ports
porting.png
Left done right not both heads are done now

I'm keeping the headers i orginally bought
Heddman Long Tubes with 3" collector, They will be wrapped before putting them back on, the rest of the exhaust is about 2ft of 3" exhaust pipe from Summit and Morosso sprial mufflers with some turndowns i found

Installed a e303 cam and Trick Flow Valve Springs suggested by Summit

Put on a New Pick Up i had extra and painted the oil pan black

Nitto 275/50 - 15s 555rs , in hand, will be put on my Summit Quick 8 15x8 5.5bs rims also in hand
20689617619528020371035.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
electric fan from autozone and relay will be installed to free up alil extra ponies top right corner headers are top left and some new interior i have come across AC is still up for debate wether or not it's going back in never blew cold any way and i always roll with the windows down

I have a rear seat delete with gray carpet going in as well as new black carpet on the floor new guage cluster sun visors, speaker covers, etc. have the entire interior New or lightly used in boxes and ready to put in

and thats where i ran outta money lol 2 weeks have passed , ive gotten paid, and more parts are on the way :) should be in today and i'll post pics up of everything

parts on the way and should be delievered today :)
all gaskets and hardware

New Water pump (nothing special but it has a important roll in this car)
GMB North America 125-1560 - GMB OE Replacement Water Pumps - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Summit Stage 2 Intake
Summit Racing SUM-226033 - Summit Racing Street & Strip® Stage 2 Intake Manifolds - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Ford Racing Valve Covers
Proform Parts 302-001 - Proform Ford Racing Licensed Aluminum Valve Covers - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Summit 750cfm Carb electric choke and vac. 2nddary
Summit Racing SUM-M08750VS - Summit Racing Street & Strip® Carburetors - Overview - SummitRacing.com

on April 15th my MSD distributor and MSD ignition box will be on the way

so far
photo0056m.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
more pics to come as we forward the process

• Sponsors (?)

well if I were to do it over again and after the billion dollars I spent on EFI related components including the Anderson PMS, 80lb injectors, 90MAF and a ton of other fuel injected stuff I just bought I would most definetly go carbed if I were to do it over again, my car is track only at this point. Yes it's the dinsosaur technology but man is it cheap compared to EFI

There sure are some FAST cars out there using "dinosaur technology" carburetion to get the job done. Tell the guys on turboforums using $2,000 blow thru carburetors to make quadruple digit horsepower numbers that their fuel delivery belongs in the stone age. I don't consider one better than the other when talking about fuel injection versus carburetion. There's more than one way to skin a cat.

To the OP: nice project and post up some pictures of the whole car. :nice:

ahhh the good ol carb vs efi debate.

After going through all the efi headaches of tracing bad wires, shorted sensors, and loose grounds for an acceptable idle on past cars I can definitely see going carb on a track only car. For a street car that sees any sort of regular use its hard to beat the efficiency and dependability of EFI.

well to all those CARB haters if you really want to know why i choose to go carb is because thats what my dad taught me just before he died in a head on wreck .... just thought you should know

now that you feel like a prick it's really because I just felt like it lol :D my dad is still alive and kickin but seriously cheaper and more clean looking IMO, something that alot of people don't know about and these cars are popular around me , EFI versions especially, so i wanted something different

uploading new pics now

and thanks to all the guys who backed me up on the Carb route really like the way this is turning out
other marine you east or west?

mustang1k.png
[/URL]

mustang2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

engineu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

engine2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

engine3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

engine4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

before i get the bung hole who ask and makes me unhappy i'mma say it no nothing is bolted down we got the stuff alittle later then what i wanted and had to leave shortly after

Someone should tell those guys that compete in the engine masters challenge that they're using the wrong stuff. lol

Cool project, brother.

:) apperciate it

today i got my back tire mounted and balanced then put them on deff. rolling the fender lips ASAP!

carbackwheel.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

yes the MNT DEW adds power and aero dynamics but only the 24oz ones

Hey man,

Nice work so far.

I saw you have TX plates. What part are you in? That looks ALOT like my first car I had in high school. Probably isnt, but it got me wondering. :shrug: (its the one in my pic above taken in 2005 ish)

Collin

UPDATE
order a crap load of stuff and TOOK OUT my dash board for the new one to go in

Parts On the way:
Front rims 15 x 4
Front Tires Nankang CX-668 165/80
Shift Boot
Lower Shift Boot
Short Throw shifter
Retro style Black shift knob
MSD 6al Box
MSD Street Fire plugs
MSD Street Fire Coil
New passanger side door panel
DSI Header Wrap Kit black
Summit Sub frame connectors
3" to 3" 3bolt collectors

NEED SEATS:
don't want to go with the cheap bucket look
looking a Jeep seats to be honest any suggestions

GREAT NEWS!
found out i already have a Steeda triax short throw in the car :)
sold the ebay one to a friend for the same price i bought it for

well guys sorry been working hard at work, and every chance i can on the car
i got the front tires and rims on it headers are wrapped
the interior is almost all in the dash board is in :) (pain in the NUTS)
we just put the lowering springs back in it going to bring the drag ones to a shop and let them deal with it
i found out the MSD box fits perfectly on the mount my cold air intake use to go into to put it in the fender :) looks perfect
MON. and TUES. i'm off i'mma finish the interior and put the engine back in the car. :) hopefully everything else goes smoothly and it will be running soon

friend in a riced out newer 4dr civic si is starting to talk crap seeing he has the heavier of the civics and has less then 220hp i'm not worried about it abit