Project today

Taino

Nov 29, 1999
75989_10151270872323480_1302256318_n.jpg
305993_10151271054073480_314440436_n.jpg
487115_10151271058848480_1666227724_n.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I agree, Picture was 2010, Crappy maaco paint job. I kept it nicely waxed and maintained till it just started fading and chipping. Planning on getting a nicely done paint job soon, but for now playing with diff ways of bring it back to life. No more Maaco, I assure you. I can still make it shine like new but with all the chips and no time to buff it its become tuff

I agree, Picture was 2010, Crappy maaco paint job. I kept it nicely waxed and maintained till it just started fading and chipping. Planning on getting a nicely done paint job soon, but for now playing with diff ways of bring it back to life. No more Maaco, I assure you. I can still make it shine like new but with all the chips and no time to buff it its become tuff

Oh man, if you have a compressor you can pick up a cheap gun for 30 bucks. Then go to paintforcars.com and get a good primer, base and clear for 200 bucks. Better than macco or resto stuff.

Agreed! My brother in law is an excellent painter. He has the compressor and paint guns. If only I can get him to commit a weekend I'd buy all the materials and give it a paint job that'll turn heads. Mechanically it is vicious and I got some Cobra R replicas Like the ones in the rear on the avatar pic I want to install. All sounds good but I'm in the process of buying a new home so in reality it has to take a back seat for now. I'll give it a nice touch up soon to cover the chips for now

for the money, Maaco actually doesn't do that bad a job at PAINTING the car. They paint thousands of cars a year and have the equipment to turn out a decent product. I've found the issue is they do crappy prep work. Some of they guys there know how to shoot paint but when you have dozens of cars to punch out, don't expect them to spend as much time on prepping as a higher end shop. Personally, I wouldn't expect anything but a 20 footer using a $30 paint gun. lol

My car is a maaco job. And other than some chips I have to touch up its great. Its seriously all in the prep work. Do that yourself and for the money its a pretty good deal.
ese7aju6.jpg

Attachments

• ese7aju6.jpg
    ese7aju6.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 65
My car is a maaco job. And other than some chips I have to touch up its great. Its seriously all in the prep work. Do that yourself and for the money its a pretty good deal.
ese7aju6.jpg

Don't want to hijack this thread and turn it into a macco one lol
but which package did you get?

Attachments

• ese7aju6.jpg
    ese7aju6.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 67
Strange, this is the first time some one has told me to get rid of it. Would painting it flat black like the hood make a diff. So tell me what is your objection to it?

I'm not going to say it looks cheap, it just doesnt flow that well. If you like it keep it. Honestly I find a vert with a shaved trunk lid sexy as hell.

I still have paint left over, I may make it a another weekend project and match the trunk with the hood. Trunk is actually allot easier to paint than the trunk

LRS sells a fiberglass trunk lid with no rack that I put a Cervini cobra spoiler on. I think it looked great. When you factor in the cost filling in the holes and prep work on the stock trunk, the cost for the new fiberglass one isn't that much more. Just

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/FH-7993T/79-93-Mustang-Fiberglass-Trunk-Lid-Bolt-On

http://www.cervinis.com/79-93mustang-cobra-wing-coupe-convertible.html

c_211_97_93_mustang_cervinis_wing_coupe_1.png

Cervini also makes a nice Special Edition wing. Both are tasteful and not looking like a ricer whale tale.

yhst-131964867535317_2236_600259382