Projector Headlights

• Sponsors (?)

there are a few threads on this subject....most people think they look ricey so you are bound to get some comments on that....plus...almost all aftermarket headlights (except for Ford) have somewhat bad reps for condensation. You can remedy that by adding some silicone to all of the cracks before installation. I have the projectors that you're talking about. I bought them because I had a huge chip in the front of my stockers that leaked water. I'm not pleased with the quality of the light...but am very pleased with the look they give my car. You will notice a much broader light in front of the car....but my lights bounce erratically....I don't like that. Still....I'm not putting the stockers back on because I've gotten used to the look of the 'circle' headlights

Are you talking about these?
View attachment 465449

I baught a set of those off Ebay a while back, but didn't like the lighting they provided so I took them off. I want to change the bulbs to silverstars on those projectors but I have no idea how to do that.

Has anyone tried to swap the bulbs on those yet, and if so how did you do it?

DeathMetal said:
Are you talking about these?
View attachment 465445

I baught a set of those off Ebay a while back, but didn't like the lighting they provided so I took them off. I want to change the bulbs to silverstars on those projectors but I have no idea how to do that.

Has anyone tried to swap the bulbs on those yet, and if so how did you do it?

Try swapping out the corners with the silverstar ones (silver/blue coating but shines yellow)....then call up stangmods (www.stangmods.com) and ask them about the HID kit they sell for the projector housing....apparantly it works awesome and it's fairly cheap. I got my projectors off ebay too, and with the addition of some HID's it would still be under the price of mustang tuning. A friend of mine bought the ones from Mustang Tuning and they came in the same box (eagle lights) as the ones I got on ebay, and they were less than half price on ebay.

I saw few of them at the Carlisle yeasterday. and every single one of them i saw had fogging issue. My gf thought they look cool until saw one on car. It just don't look right for some reason.

I think OEM with Amber part removed look the best(provided that they aren't scratched up like mine)

Those projectors are designed to work with halogen bulbs. HID's require a slightly different projector. They will work and be better than using the stock housing, but won't be perfect.

The thing is, they look really tacky and cheap. The OEM headlight housing is a really nice design, i wish a company just installed a bi-xenon projector in a stock looking housing so we could run true HID's with a high beam and still have that stock look

P1030101.jpg

That's a custom made headlight, but it features a BMW Bi-xenon projector. For the highbeam, the shield that creates the cutoff is lifted for more light. Simple design that works.

Attachments

• P1030101.jpg
    P1030101.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 59
Mustang5L5 said:
Those projectors are designed to work with halogen bulbs. HID's require a slightly different projector. They will work and be better than using the stock housing, but won't be perfect.

The thing is, they look really tacky and cheap. The OEM headlight housing is a really nice design, i wish a company just installed a bi-xenon projector in a stock looking housing so we could run true HID's with a high beam and still have that stock look

P1030101.jpg

That's a custom made headlight, but it features a BMW Bi-xenon projector. For the highbeam, the shield that creates the cutoff is lifted for more light. Simple design that works.

who made that light?:eek:

Attachments

• P1030101.jpg
    P1030101.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 63
Some guys off HIDplanet.com make them. You don't even want to know their cost. The bi-xenon projectors alone are about $150+ for the pair depending on the model. Regular projectors are cheaper, but won't have the highbeam.

I think those lights were installed on an '03 Cobra. I was trying to find the pictures of the cutoff. It was a sharp line with ZERO glare above it.

COst was about $700-900 to have those made. If you are handy with fiberglass you can prob make a set for the cost of the projectors and a spare set of headlights.

I have a set of BMW E46 be-xenon projectors. I am planning on doing the HID retrofit on my Fox.

heh, i was over there when the dude was making them. I believe he did have the buyer email him some installed pics.

btw, thats a great place to research hid's. They know their stuff. I went in headfirst and retrofitted some in my headlights(aftermarket ones already though). Even got their full kit they sell.

mity2 said:
i wanna see the pic of that on the car. is there any?

Lol, i'm trying to find them. I think there was a thread on SVTperformance with them installed...trying to find now.

The pic i posted above was HID projectors on a '98 Cobra