Propane powered ??Hi,

phoenix99

Jun 21, 2005
Quebec
I'm sure i've seen a article in MM&FF or Mustang 5.0l about a propane powered mustang and I've been interested but I didn't read the entire article. From what I've seen, the car have pretty good performance and was very safe. I've look on google but I didn't find anything really interesting. Anyonw know any good information about changing fuel setup for propane setup.. I'm living in Canada and fuel price is pretty expensive :nonono: and I really don't want to sell my mustang.
If anyone have nice info
please share :)

Thanks !

• Sponsors (?)

Well, if the fuel price continue to raise like this, I don'T really think we can keep our car...
If propane is less expensive than fuel and can give the same or almost the same performance.. I don't know why we should stay with fuel when we can have another source of energy.
And we can still be able to use poweradder with propane... I think..
I've found a couple of thread on some forum but they have all done this with little truck, VW van and other diesel car.

just to give an exemple, when i bought my mustang, 1 year ago, to get a full tank of 91 octane it cost me about 35-40$ and now 55-65$ CAD.. we have more than .25$ of tax of every liter and the 91 octane cost about 1.10 and up
honeslty it's expensive... I don't do drag, but sometime i'm racing with my friend and i'm enjoying to sound of the V8. I don't want to sell the car that's why I'm thinking to swap to propane .. to keep the car when fuel price will be too much...

The real beauty with Propane is that it has a high Octane rating of around 110-115 (essentially race fuel rating). So if you are able to get a conversion done then your options are much better down the road should you want to add forced induction.

If you find out more about the conversion, post it here.

There are others such as myself who'd be very interested in finding out more about doing it. :nice:

:flag: :canada:

Several years ago there were alot of company trucks and vans converted to running on propane but they've all since switched back to diesel. Propane engines are troublesome in very cold weather [not an issue if you don't drive it in the winter] but, it's rather costly to convert and the price of propane really isn't much cheaper than gas so it's no longer feasable.