Proud New Stang owner!!

Wishes527

Dec 29, 2004
Washington State
Well I finally found myself a stang and I'm stoked about it! I originally wanted a GT but my friends down at the ol' insurance company swayed my decision :p
But anyway I just got an 02 and I'm loving it! Can't leave it alone..he he! There are several things I want to do to it, but would like to hear from other stang owners, what kind of things to do, not do...both performance and cosmetics...I can see where all my spare cash will be going already :shrug:

First things I want to change, I think it needs a spoiler....want to tint the windows, and I'm thinking I would like the black stang decal that goes along the body of the car....whatta ya think?
:D

Attachments

• My Car.jpg
    My Car.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 106
  • Sponsors (?)

www.v6mustangstuff.com
www.rpmoutlet.com
www.mrbodykit.com
www.mustangtuning.com (inexpensive rims)
www.steeda.com

Those should help you out a little and if you need more let me/us know. Congrats on the buy and have fun. As for starters i'd go with....

T-lok (spins both wheels, rather than just the right rear)
Rear-end gears (a taller gear ration will give you better exceleration)
Pulleys (smaller diamater and lighter pulleys will free up HP used by the electronics)
Dual Exhauts ( better looking, better sounding, a few HP oh, and it looks/sounds good too)
Intake (worth about 4-10 rwhp (depending) and a cleaner looking engine bay)

Cosmetics... that's about you. Whatever you like, i'd say go for it. :D That should be good for now.

If you have the cash, get true duals before you get anything else. 3.8's sound good with true duals. No other mod gives you improved looks, sound, performance, and a slight increase on mpg.

If you get altezza's, or even admit to likeing them, please leave. :D

Wellcome and congrats on the new car. Feel free to ask any question, even if it sounds stupid. Everyone was a newbie at one point.

:flag: :cheers:

Good, the altezza/ricer digression is put to rest.

If you don't already have one, get a short-throw shifter, such as a Steeda Tri-Ax or MGW. Not a lot of cash (at least for the Tri-Ax) for a very good mod. As cash becomes available, do everything listed by worked v6 in post #4.