Proven Mod's

w00t

Mar 26, 2004
Arlington TX
I want to modify my 2002 GT further but stuck as to where I should go from here. Currently I have:

K&N Filter
4:10's
Prochamber w/ Mac FlowPath's

I want to be able to achieve 300-350 horsepower without using a supercharger or NOS and still be able to be a daily-driver. Is this possible or am I dreaming.

:rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)

You'll have to do some major head work and get some really good cames how streetable it will be is something I can't awnser. With stage 2 or 3 heads and cams LT's all the bolts on's you may get 350rwhp but it will cost more than buying a blower or nitrous kit in the long run.

w00t said:
I want to modify my 2002 GT further but stuck as to where I should go from here. Currently I have:

K&N Filter
4:10's
Prochamber w/ Mac FlowPath's

I want to be able to achieve 300-350 horsepower without using a supercharger or NOS and still be able to be a daily-driver. Is this possible or am I dreaming.

:rolleyes:

Your dreaming

You would also need to stroke the motor.
Actually you need a big bore.

cap42 said:
You'll have to do some major head work and get some really good cames how streetable it will be is something I can't awnser. With stage 2 or 3 heads and cams LT's all the bolts on's you may get 350rwhp but it will cost more than buying a blower or nitrous kit in the long run.

I am wondering after spending the money for heads, cams, and extra bolt on's, maybe I should just put the money into a blower. Looking at the Kennie Bell site, their products look promising...

w00t said:
Nice Matt...Almost there!

How those mod's working out for you?

Haven't had a prob with a single thing.

No exhaust leaks with the LTs/OffroadX/Magnaflow
No idle probs w/ TB or Plenum
No undercharging/overheating with the pulleys
No residue probs w/ the Accell filter

I have had some SES lights w/ the O2 sensors being farther down the path than the OEM ones, but the lights go off by themselves after a couple of cycles. I guess that they are so close to tolerances, the they don't go off very often, and when they do, they reset themselves.

Matt

03trubluGT said:
Haven't had a prob with a single thing.

No exhaust leaks with the LTs/OffroadX/Magnaflow
No idle probs w/ TB or Plenum
No undercharging/overheating with the pulleys
No residue probs w/ the Accell filter

I have had some SES lights w/ the O2 sensors being farther down the path than the OEM ones, but the lights go off by themselves after a couple of cycles. I guess that they are so close to tolerances, the they don't go off very often, and when they do, they reset themselves.

Matt

Yeah I was worried about the undercharging w/ pullies. I am thinking about the Steeda w/ Timing Adjuster. You think its a proven mod?

w00t said:
Yeah I was worried about the undercharging w/ pullies. I am thinking about the Steeda w/ Timing Adjuster. You think its a proven mod?

You can most definately get HP w/ the TA and premium fuel. I didn't want to do it because I knew eventually I would go SC and the timing would be done w/ a chip.

Matt

It will cost a lot more than supercharging, but if u dont want to be a cheater ( here comes the flame from the s/c'd guys ), GO FOR IT. Long tubes, offroad x, catback, pullies, intake plenum with t/b or the P51 intake manifold, K&N FIPK, timing ajuster, comp cams(the one u should get is grind #XE274) then tune. Judging by how my car ended up you should be somewhere between 300 and 320 rwhp and 320-340 rwtq.