public apology to Chips...

FallenPhoenix

Nov 22, 2003
Odessa Tx
well my friend had told me and told me I should wait for the '05 but I was too impatient and bought my '04. Here is my public apology and admission that he was right. I love the new Mustang, I still love my '04 but the '05 is just an all around better car. Once I drive a manual GT, I may just have to go upside down on my '04 and trade her in :(

anyone have pics of an '05 Sonic Blue in person? Lacking that a publicity photo would be good too.

• Sponsors (?)

FallenPhoenix said:
well my friend had told me and told me I should wait for the '05 but I was too impatient and bought my '04. Here is my public apology and admission that he was right. I love the new Mustang, I still love my '04 but the '05 is just an all around better car. Once I drive a manual GT, I may just have to go upside down on my '04 and trade her in :(

anyone have pics of an '05 Sonic Blue in person? Lacking that a publicity photo would be good too.

This guy got his Sonic Blue GT yesterday and took pictures
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=7544

Page 3 has a much better picture under more normal lighting.

post-7-1098134886.jpg

post-7-1098134939.jpg

post-7-1098122668.jpg

DSC03896.JPG

DSC03893.JPG

lol !! I was going for an 04 too. But when I saw the 05 prototype, I said **** it, I'll wait for the 05. So I bought a focus (an economic car so I can save some money and put it in after market parts :D ) and I'll be probably going for an 06 GT. Or maybe SVT depanding on how much money I'm going to save.

My 05 envy is growing at an alarming rate. The dealership where I got my GT is getting Black 5 spd w/ red leather interior. That is exactly what I built whne I was messing with Ford's website. Dammit. Need a supercharger.

Depends on where I look at it from, sometimes I like it, but then alot of pics I see make it look ugly...and that last pic there, I dont like probably because the tires look like they should be on a VW Bug.I am sure they will improve upon it next year, then I will probably like it.Only thing is that 300HP...its hard to resist LOL.But still not enough to make me like it as much as my 04 GT, because I like my car from ANY angle, but the 05s have to be setting just right for them to look good to me.Just my .02, I am sure others are the same way. BTW does that window sticker say 18----23 for MPGs?

as do i... there are only a few pictures of the '05 that i can stand to look at all the time... i love how my car looks from all angles... when the pics came out of the '05, i was gonna give it a shot and maybe trade mine in... but seing it in person... it just doesnt look nearly as mean as a mustang should, and from some angle its jsut downright ugly... i like the 300 hp, but ive dang near got that now so i dont care about that... plus aftermarket parts for my '03 will go down in price pretty quickly just as the parts for the 5.0 did when the 4.6 2v came out... CANT WAIT!! :banana:

blackGT25 said:
it just doesnt look nearly as mean as a mustang should

First of all, a lower stance and bigger/wider wheels & tires would go a long way at improving that.

And if the '99 GT is any measure, Ford will probably make some subtle changes to the body in a couple years to make it more aggressive looking. Hopefully not by adding non-functional scoops... my feeling is that every scoop should be functional. I also think that when they make a special edition, such as a BOSS 302 or whatever they do, it's going to look incredible. So... hopefully the Mustang will be at its best around the time when I'll be ready to buy one. :D

RandyB said:
You should just enjoy your '04 for a couple of years and wait to see how the new car evolves. No sense in taking a financial hit when the best is yet to come.

it's still really tempting after this promotion... I'm still going to mod the hell out of the '04 but when it's paid off I may have to look into a new one. I was going to get a truck and leave the '04 as a weekend/race car, but who knows.

FallenPhoenix said:

:jaw:

FallenPhoenix said:
I'm still going to mod the hell out of the '04 but when it's paid off I may have to look into a new one.

Modding your car is the same as throwing you money down your toilet.

If what you really want is an '05 Mustang then forget the mods to your '04 and start saving your $$ for getting an '05 or '06.

351CJ said:
Modding your car is the same as throwing you money down your toilet.

I guess people who say that just don't get it :shrug: I love working with my hands and making something better. It's not really about performance to me, it's more about showing I took the time to do this stuff and picked quality components for my personal car.

FallenPhoenix said:
I guess people who say that just don't get it :shrug: I love working with my hands and making something better. It's not really about performance to me, it's more about showing I took the time to do this stuff and picked quality components for my personal car.

Belive me, I get it. I bet that I was building up big block Fords when you were still in diapers.

I'll try to say it again. You started this thread saying that you regretted not waiting for the '05 Stang. Any money you spend modding your '04 is going to put you farther away from an '05. The smart move is to cut your losses on your '04 and get an '05 or '06 as soon as you can.

^ Exactly.

And to add to that... I would take a big financial hit if I were to buy a new car, spend a few thousand dollars modding it, and then sell it a couple years later. Not only do you lose money from depreciation, but you barely get any money from those modifications on the car, unless you part it out and sell the aftermarket stuff piece by piece. Even then, a lot of that money goes down the toilet. I've made up my mind with my car that I'm going to keep it awhile to justify the modifications I made. At least then it makes it worth while to me. Just my 2 cents.

Since I'm definitely hooked on the stang now (leased a 2001 V6 vert and when it was up bought the 2004 GT vert) I'm sort of targeting buying each major body style change somewhere in its cycle. This should allow enough time to pay the "old" one off and get used to seeing the "new" one on the street. It also helps avoid the temptation to take a bath on an otherwise perfectly good current (old) model car by giving me something to look forward to.

Kind of like a Mustang "subscription" that arrives every 5 years or so :nice:. Of course, that means having a car payment forever :(.

I guess that puts me on schedule for a 2009 GT vert :D:(