Brakes Pulling Left When Braking And Random Scrapping Noise When Turning!

Joshuaachury

Apr 28, 2015
Indiana
Okay so I have a couple issues that I would like to get some more opinions on.

My '01 V6 is pulling to the left when I hit the brakes. It does not happen when I'm just regularly driving down the road straight or anything else. I have gone to the shop and gotten it looked at. They have replaced both the front calipers and brake pads. I have the rotors that I am going to change soon but I've been told that the rotors would not cause such a drastic pull plus they do not show any significant wear now. I have also changed the front left wheel bearing since it had some play and then also the front right brake hose since they thought the problem was on the right side since it was pulling left. I am running out of things to look at and don't want to spend any more money if it isn't going to fix the problem. It is getting extremely annoying and can be very dangerous if I have to brake suddenly at high speeds. Does anyone have any experience with this or can suggest something that might be the problem?

Another thing that is baffling me is that sometimes when I turn I can hear a loud scraping noise. It sounds like metal straight scraping. However this doesn't always occur and I haven't found any correlation of what makes it come and go. Any insight into this would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

I would look at the caliper sliders being seized or improperly lubricated causing them to stick, this is one of those things that i've seen missed hundreds of times even when mechanics are changing calipers. I would look there first, also check the condition of the brake hoses as you may have a damaged or partially collapsed brake hose. For the scraping noise, ensure that you have enough clearance around the dust shields as they are also more commonly than not bent and twisted up rather easily.