Pulling Tranny, Have Questions.

OK guys I need your wisdom again. This is the first time I have pulled a tranns from a 4,6 car. I have the car up, midpipe down, and shifter pulled. The starter was fun! Here is my question, how many bolts are on top of the bellhousing and whats the best way to get to them? I have all visable bolts either loose or out. My forearm is too big for me to squeeze my hand up on top. Plan on finishing the pull on Tues. Thanks in advance!!!

• Sponsors (?)

I've yet to do this with these cars, but have done it on many others. You may be able to remove the trans mount and lower it a bit on a jack. This may give you the clearance to get to the bolts.
That is my game plan. I bought a tranny jack today, but kids have soccor so it has to wait till Tues. night. I haven't pulled a tranny since I changed the one in my 87 GT, and that was back in 96. I do remember tilting the trans. I think.

Definitely need to tilt the motor/tranny back as far as you can. Your gonna need about 2 feet worth of extensions to get the top two bolts. It helps if you put your socket on a wobble tip extension. Once you get the motor tilted back, you'll be able to see the top bolts and have a better idea what you need to do.

Tranny is out! Nice surprise clutch is newer, but throwout bearing is toast. Those two top bolts were so tight my IR titanium impact would not brake them loose. Someone way over did it on the bell bolts. Does anyone know the torque spec for the pressure plate bolts and is there a torque sequence? Thanks a ton.

I live in Crannberry twp, bottom of butler area. If I get the tranny back in my car by Sat, there is a cruise up in Mercer at a bar/resturant.

I work this saturday, but I'm in Cranberry at least once a month.

Does anyone know the torque spec for the pressure plate bolts and is there a torque sequence? Thanks a ton.

I'll check my Haynes before work.