Push-button start from Ninosport

• Sponsors (?)

Same here. Though, judging by the picture, it looks like it only takes 2 wires to hook up. It looks like one splices in and the other one gets run to the fuse box probably. I'm sure instructions are included.

Hmmm the Ford Racing one is interesting as well.

For anyone interested, here are the instructions: http://www.fordracingparts.com/download/instructionsheets/FordInstShtM-11572-GT.pdf

Seems like you really have to tear apart the interior to install, although it looks like nothing too serious. You actually don't even NEED to solder, although it highly recommends it. The instructions tell you to cut one of the ignition wires and splice the start button to that to prevent the key from starting the car (although key is still required). Until I actually saw the setup, I can't tell if you have the option of leaving it connected and splicing into the wiring to give you a key-start option.

Here's mine ... S200 button.

5198-15351-219605.jpg

If you still need your key in the hole to be able to use that button to start... What is the point?

My mother's lexus has that proximity push button. She can use the button as long as her keyfob is within the correct distance... If we could do this for our stangs... now that would be cool!

I did the FRPP one just last week. It took about one and a half hours start to finish, and is really easy to do. If I had to do it again it would probably take less than 45 minutes! The instructions really are idiot proof!
It's probably the cheapest mod I've done to date, yet probably one of the ones I like the most.

If you still need your key in the hole to be able to use that button to start... What is the point?

What's the point? It looks a whole lot better than the stock power button cover and anything else that's out on the market. It also works, it's not a faux button.

It's possible to wire it up so you don't need the key in the ignition but that'd be kind of dumb wouldn't it? Some guy just busts your window, pushes the button, and off he goes in your pride and joy. :notnice: