Push Rod Cobra or DOHC Cobra and why?

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by BradleyMustang3, Apr 10, 2013.

1. BradleyMustang3

BradleyMustang3 Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    So there it is im all set to go get my 95 Cobra tomorrow but im thinking that i may possibly want to go with a 4.6 Cobra....any arguments for one side or the other?
  2. VibrantRedGT

VibrantRedGT "STANGNET'S PENGUIN SMACKER" Super Mod

Push rod so easy to work on. I can do head gaskets on a 94-95 V-8 from start to finish in under 2 hours. I've installed an Edelbrock intake in under an hour.
  3. revhead347

revhead347 I have face herpes.

Depends on what you want to do with it. The only real difference is the engine, so suspension mods are all the same. If you just want to leave it stock, I would get the DOHC engine. It has more power.

Kurt
  4. Three50won

Three50won Member

Modular engines are super strong and the ECU is easier to self-tune. But N/A there really isn't too much you can do to them. Pushrod engines have a huge aftermarket. And like was said, they are easier to work on. But the tuning is a bit more involved. If I were gonna go Modular, I'd hit it with some boost and call it a day. If I were gonna go pushrod, I'd do a top-end kit and maybe a stroker.