Push Start ( Small gripe )

Wily Coyote

Nov 21, 2010
Just saw a commercial for the new Fiesta and it has Push Start. I miss my push start from my challenger. I know it's small and petty but couldn't they have put it on the new 5.0 instead of the fiesta?

• Sponsors (?)

Please turn in your man card to the woman at the desk on your way out of the dealership.

I guess owning some of the fastest , most expensive cars that have push starts makes those guys less of a man? Are you saying the Ford GT is a lady's car? The challenger is a much more masculine, muscle looking car than the mustang. Was nice not having to fumble for the keys or have the key blade wear out. To each their own I guess

I guess owning some of the fastest , most expensive cars that have push starts makes those guys less of a man? Are you saying the Ford GT is a lady's car? The challenger is a much more masculine, muscle looking car than the mustang. Was nice not having to fumble for the keys or have the key blade wear out. To each their own I guess

The Ford GT40 was a race car. It didn't come with keys. The Ford GT was a modern interpretation of that race car, and thus, has a push button start...perhaps to replicate that "race car" feeling.

ANY OTHER CAR...especially cars like minivans, and Altimas, Maximas...and the like, look absolutely stupid with a push button start. It's a fad that the owner has no understanding of why it's even there or where that idea came from (race cars).

Stop being sissies people. It doesn't look good when you're driving a muscle car. Put the key in the ignition, and turn it. Hopefully you're depressing a clutch at the same time to make it start.

That is all.
:nice:

You forgot to mention that the "muscle looking" challenger is also slower than the '11 GT (5.1 0-60 VS 4.8 0-60) :rlaugh:

I agree with the OP. I don't think it looks stupid. I personally like it. I also don't really care where it originated, it's a cool feature. To me it's no different than something like the addition of heated seats...

Im not quite sure how having a key makes you more/less of a man??? as technology advances, cars change. The reason for starting the car with a key is for security. With technology, you dont need a key anymore. You'll be seeing that feature in more and more cars. I sure dont feel like less of a man without a gas cap....

Agreed, i think a push button start would be sweet. Doesnt matter where it came from originally. A lot of performance parts for cars are reverse engineered from technology from racing.

A push button start has to be one of the easiest projects. I installed one in my old F250 when the key broke. I think they are cool. We have two old T-Bird with push button transmissions. I like all that stuff.

Its a lot tougher when you have keys with a chip in them. The key has to be present to work. So basically you have to put the key in, turn it to the on position and then hit the button to start. Kinda defeats the point.

I think most people want to just get in and hit the button.

And Having options such as power/heated seats and dual climate control screams MUSCLE CAR as well. They just make it nicer man. You know what we are talking about.

I do know what you're talking about. It just seems weird that you still have to turn the key, THEN push the start button. If you could leave your key in your pocket, then hit a button, I guess that would be a little cooler.

:)

I do know what you're talking about. It just seems weird that you still have to turn the key, THEN push the start button. If you could leave your key in your pocket, then hit a button, I guess that would be a little cooler.

:)

Agreed, i wouldnt want a push button if i had to put a key in and turn it first.

Im thinking more like chip in my wallet that detected my presence and allowed me to push button start.

But regardless i wouldnt hack up my new mustang to intall it even if there was a aftermarket company offereing it.

Its a lot tougher when you have keys with a chip in them. The key has to be present to work. So basically you have to put the key in, turn it to the on position and then hit the button to start. Kinda defeats the point.

I think most people want to just get in and hit the button.

I didnt think of that. Im still stuck driving 20-45 year old cars.

Push to start does not make you a girl. Missing it and whining that you don't have it on the other hand...:eek: I think that's what is trying to be implied anyway.