pushrod swap

• Sponsors (?)

I researched this swap a while back ago for my 96, and I highly do not recommend it...Ive got some friends who own a shop in town and they did one, there is so much fabrication that has to be done to the front end and chassis that I dont think its worth it, let alone be safe, if you want you can PM me and ill go into detail...

The chassis and frame hasn't changed since 1979. I don't see what else would be involved to make it fit other than swapping in a 5.0 tubular K to get it in there. Computer and fuel of course is a different story. The engine itself should fit fine, people are putting modulars into fox bodies easily.

FL Zinc said:
The chassis and frame hasn't changed since 1979. I don't see what else would be involved to make it fit other than swapping in a 5.0 tubular K to get it in there. Computer and fuel of course is a different story. The engine itself should fit fine, people are putting modulars into fox bodies easily.

Hey more power to ya if you wanna try, I promise you it is a hard job, and hardly worth it....thats all I have to say..believe it or not the front end of a 94-95 car is actually not as wide as the 96-98, you have to cut it and lengthen it.....I dont know why that is, I wouldve never thought that either, but I guess they found out when they did it....

Well, it might be worth it if it were a track car. I certainly wouldn't bother with a 5.0, but a 5.8L stroker with a blower or turbo would be worth the effort. That said, I am about ready to do a modular swap into my '89...most likely a 5.4L DOHC.