Put my c springs in yesterday!!

slvrbullIT

May 27, 2003
Dallas, TX
I finally got my c springs put in yesterday. It took me about 6 hours and it was the first time I've ever worked on any suspension. I cut the rear springs 1 coil and installed prothane isolators on the top and bottom. On the fronts I just put a prothane isolator on the top and left the bottom one off. It dropped it about 1.5" all around.I'm hoping the front drops just a tad more and then it will be perfect, i dont want it too low though because of my longtubes. It drives great too, not at all harsh but just a little firmer. Anywho, here are a few pics.

newsprings2.jpg

newsprings.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I just did my C-Springs yesterday too :nice:

Did you go with aftermarket shocks/struts too???...I Installed them with Mach1 Tokico shocks & struts...The ride is much nicer and not harsh at all...I can't wait for it to settle in a little more...I'll do my own review thread with pics...Yours is looking good though...

Hornetsnest said:
I just did my C-Springs yesterday too :nice:

Did you go with aftermarket shocks/struts too???...I Installed them with Mach1 Tokico shocks & struts...The ride is much nicer and not harsh at all...I can't wait for it to settle in a little more...I'll do my own review thread with pics...Yours is looking good though...
I got lakewood shocks on the back and the stock struts on the front. Yep I hope the front just settles a tad more and I'll be happy.

jasonh_86 said:
would mach 1 shocks/struts work with the Steeda Sport springs?.. or would i need something a bit different?
They should be fine, considering pretty much every site claims C-springs as having very similiar drop and spring rates (Steeda has progressive rear) as the Steeda Sport Springs...Kind of a less expensive alternative to the Steedas...I like Steeda stuff, but I got the C-springs for about $100 cheaper...Couple that with $180 Mach1 Tokicos (thanks for the FPN link whoever it was :D ) and you'll have a very good street setup for a very good price.

I've done a few spring jobs, and rarely have I seen more than a .025" difference in ride height following the "settling" of new springs. Even if your car does lower more than this, your still likely going to have to take further action to level out your car. Your options:

*Put the stock isolator on the top of the front springs back in - those urethane ones tend to increase ride height more than the stockers since they don't squish as much.
*Remove all the isolators from the front springs. I can vouch that it doesn't really get much noisier (at least in my case), but the car definitely rode rougher.
*Trim the front springs just a bit (no more than a 3/8 of a coil) - This would be a last resort, and doubtfully necessary.

You can also just leave it alone, but I know it would bother me a little. :shrug: Still looks good - congrats on getting the job done. Feels good saving a couple hundred bucks huh? :nice:

you cut the rear, which is why the front sits higher.

i installed my c-springs and didnt cut **** cause i knew id get a ugly saggy rear, and i was correct, ride height dropped a good 1.25" and is even on all 4 corners. is a saggy ass really worth a quarter inch and a headache of wasted time and effort to fix it?

Now that you lowered it, your gonna want either wheel spacers or wider rim/tires in teh back. I have 275's in rear with steeda sports and I'm saving for rims with 315's. I guess because it's lower now, it looks like the rears are in too far. The mods never stop.

[QUOTE='03GTinFLA]Now that you lowered it, your gonna want either wheel spacers or wider rim/tires in teh back. I have 275's in rear with steeda sports and I'm saving for rims with 315's. I guess because it's lower now, it looks like the rears are in too far. The mods never stop.[/QUOTE]

exactly how i felt, but i planned on getting deep dishers out back anyways.

well i fixed the stance today by removing the top isolators. damn those things are like an inch thick. now that i removed them the stance is perfect. it rides just as good without the isolators and it doesnt make any noises. i now have a 3 finger gap in the front and 4 finger gap in the back. here are some more pics:

newsprings3.jpg

newsprings4.jpg