Put the gagues in (pics)

to see if the head unit works?

You said your not getting any sound out of it? If not take a speaker straight to the wires that come off the head unit, get a cd that you know works. play it and connect the speaker straight off the head unit. If it doesnt work, your head unit crapped out.. congrats on the guages

• Sponsors (?)

dude, fires arent cool. I had one a few weeks ago and even though it was small I am still cleaning it up. what a lot of people dont realize about a car fire as that all the insulation, copper windings, and paint put out a lot of toxic fumes that will knock a person out. I got mine put out fairly quickly but I was nauseated and had a headache for a couple of hours afterwards.
besides, even if you do have fire and theft you are looking at 60% of blue book value unless you have the car insured for far more than it is worth. then they will want to see reciepts of everything you have done to make it that valuable.
dont let this happen to you
66_mustang_on_fire.jpg

Attachments

• 66_mustang_on_fire.jpg
    66_mustang_on_fire.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 50
dude, fires arent cool. I had one a few weeks ago and even though it was small I am still cleaning it up. what a lot of people dont realize about a car fire as that all the insulation, copper windings, and paint put out a lot of toxic fumes that will knock a person out. I got mine put out fairly quickly but I was nauseated and had a headache for a couple of hours afterwards.
besides, even if you do have fire and theft you are looking at 60% of blue book value unless you have the car insured for far more than it is worth. then they will want to see reciepts of everything you have done to make it that valuable.
dont let this happen to you
66_mustang_on_fire.jpg

what paint? im rockin primer, i was just very frusterated with the car last night. im better now, still cant get the headunit to work!, im gonna run to best buy and see if they can test it, i tried the speaker to it but i couldnt get it to work, im retarted with wiring!

Attachments

• 66_mustang_on_fire.jpg
    66_mustang_on_fire.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 61
Nice work with the gauges they look good. Here is a pic of mine that I put in. Wish I would have searched a little more cause I found a different set I like better (without the blue circles around the needles) but I guess I can always change them again - not that hard to install.

Attachments

• Small Gauges.jpg
    Small Gauges.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 68
Check your speaker wires at the speakers and the unit, Make sure that the positive speaker wires are not grounding out. If it does this it will go into protect mode and not produce sound..

does it power up when you try to turn it on? If not, I would think you have a bad ground. If it does I would move on to make sure the remote wire, constant feed, etc .. attached in the correct position, and if you still have the stock amp I would remove it. there is no way that it will allow you to run an aftermarket head while it is still attached to your speakers.

what im thinkin is it has a short, on my kenwood it would light up and everything, but would not play anything but static out of the speaker..(sometimes) have best buy test the head unit or try one of your friends.. I never had to bypass the amp in my car when i went from stock, but that could just be my car

dont kenwoods have a small button that you are supposed to push with a paperclip or pin to re-set it? I think I had one once that wouldnt work until I did that......hmmmm it's been a while.

does it power up when you try to turn it on? If not, I would think you have a bad ground. If it does I would move on to make sure the remote wire, constant feed, etc .. attached in the correct position, and if you still have the stock amp I would remove it. there is no way that it will allow you to run an aftermarket head while it is still attached to your speakers.

it turns on and everything but i just have no sound, ive looked through all the options in the menu thinking maybe the speakers are turned off?

If you need to bypass the stock amp look at this.

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=732835

ok thanks

what im thinkin is it has a short, on my kenwood it would light up and everything, but would not play anything but static out of the speaker..(sometimes) have best buy test the head unit or try one of your friends.. I never had to bypass the amp in my car when i went from stock, but that could just be my car

ive tried antoher headunit and i got the same problem with it, no sound but everything else works

im thinking the factory amp may be the problem
dont kenwoods have a small button that you are supposed to push with a paperclip or pin to re-set it? I think I had one once that wouldnt work until I did that......hmmmm it's been a while.

yeah it has one, made no difference when i tried it.