puttin in new block and i have a couple of questions about clutch and things.

dfresh5050

Founding Member
Mar 26, 2001
puttin in shortblock and almost all done, but i have some questions, its a 90 vert, manual tranny, i disconnected the block from the bellhousing and took it off there, with the clutch and flywheel, they both look in good shape, but putting them back on the block, how do i do that???? do i gottta line them up a certain way??

and also, where the hell do get the oil filter attatchment, the new block doesnt come with one??? help

also i put in a tfs cam, its a 302 shortblock from summint, i put the small hole on the end of the cam facing down??? is this corect???

all answers would be appreciated, i dont want to mess anything up!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

The flywheel fas a certain way it bolts up, make sure all the bolts are lined up and you will be good. You can have a couple lined up and the rest will be off so just make sure they are all lined up. The Clutch does not habbve a specific way it bolts up but you are going to need an alignment tool to ensure the disc is centered before you tighten the clutch bolts.
Oil filter attachment? regular stangs did not have one but I think the exported ones and the police stangs had an attachmnent for an oil cooler. Or are you talking about the adapter for the oil pressure switch, either way you'll need to take them off the old block.
To early in the morning here, so I am not positive but I think the dot goes straight up on the cam gear. Most shortblocks come with that already set up so I am guessing you are upgrading right off the bat...good move.

Get a manual, it will help on a lot of the little details when building the motor.

Good Luck.

sirsureshot39 said:
ummm...the small hole on the cam facing down...thats all u know? Try reading the instructions before u blow ur vavletrain. Call summit for help.

yeah, ill do that, but any and all answers would help, thanx

but, where the oil filter goes on to the block, that nipple it goes onto, the new block doesnt come with one, where do i get one, besides from ford and will the old one come off???