Putting New Car Together And Need Some Advice.

Hello everyone, I'm definitely a newbie here. I'm putting a car together and could use some advice.
Here is what I'm working with; 79 Capri RS, $200 bucks at a garage sale, New 302 long block, Ported Stock heads, E951P Cam, Dominator intake, Holley 650, Long tube headers, H-pipe, Glass packs, 8.8 on the floor ready to go in, 3.73's on the floor ready to go in, 10 hole rims waiting for tires.
I'm putting the car together to sell and need suggestions for tire size's and what ever I'm forgetting.

• Sponsors (?)

What about

transmission
fuel pump
cooling
ignition
brakes
Not a fan of wasting time on stock E7 heads but if that is all you have then upgrade the springs. I'd look for a set of explorer heads as they flow much better.

You may want to hit the JY and grab 87-93 brakes, spindles, sway bars. steering rack, transmission, and other drivetrain parts

I picked up a set of 10 holes for $60 with a pair of drag radials on them, 15". I have a total budget including the price of the car at $3800. Thanks to Craigslist I'm way under so far.
Also running an automatic.
If its the aod it'll be fine w that motor. If I was gonna keep the car I'd change the converter and valvebody out to something more performance oriented but if I'm selling they're getting it like it is.

Since this is a budge build, I would recommend at least a shift kit with an AOD and the biggest trans cooler you fan fit. It will make the car much better to drive an last longer. I don't know the specs on the cam, but you will want to match the rear end gears to make the most use of the power band range. You may want to consider 4.10's if you are not going to do a lot of highway driving.

Since this is a budge build, I would recommend at least a shift kit with an AOD and the biggest trans cooler you fan fit. It will make the car much better to drive an last longer. I don't know the specs on the cam, but you will want to match the rear end gears to make the most use of the power band range. You may want to consider 4.10's if you are not going to do a lot of highway driving.
No no no it's not a "budget build" it's a "flip." He's just needing and looking for the necessary stuff to get it running so he can sell it. Don't invest in any performance mods, they won't help your bottom line.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm shooting for good strong performance staying inside my budget number. I want it to be a look, listen and feel project / flip.
I am looking for a good visual attitude (Tire size is my next issue), I want the buyer to be in love with the sound as soon as it starts (That's why I decided to go with long tube headers and glass packs). It will be low, throaty and a bit loud but that will catch them as soon as it starts and it will be easy for them to make it quieter. Last, I want it to impress them on the test drive. (That was the reason for my cam choice, not too wild with low end pull and a decent idle)