Putting together brake kit

GroverDill

GoldMember
Founding Member
Aug 18, 1999
Demotte IN 46310
I have reviewed Matt's site and without it I would be lost.

Here is what I have
02 GT front brakes, hubs, spindles, calipers, rotors, pads and stock flex line
01 GT rear brakes, brackets, calipers, rotors, pads.

Here is what I know I need
Axles
NC brackets
spacers for the ball joints
Master cylinder

Do I need?
bump steer kit, I am thinking so.
proportioning valve..
E Brake hardeware, I know the 93's are somewhat different than others.
New SS flex lines?
Will the rear cailpers bolt up to the stock hard lines?
lastly, will I need the adapter for the passenger front caliper, even if using new SS flex lines?, what year flex lines do I buy, I would guess 99+ but not 100% sure.

I know alot of you guys have done this, any quick input would be great.

Joe

• Sponsors (?)

OK I have found out alot of new info.

1 Where do I find the 93 e brake cables PN#F3ZZ-2A635-A
2 I need to source some rear soft brake lines, the ones the run from the caliper to the hardlines, calipers are 01 GT style.

3 Are the aftermarkert SS flexlines for the front the same as all SN 95s? I want to get MaxMotorsport ones, just not sure which ones.

thanks!
Joe

If Ford is not stocking the cables anymore, you might check with www.fordpartsnetwork.com to see if they have any available. Or check the classifieds or ebay. I've seen people that got the Cobra brake kit sell the 93 cables if they used the 87-92 cables on their car. Or you could try to get aftermarket cables for the 93 Cobra. You might be able to use the SN95 cables?

The only place I know about the soft lines is Ford. Any line from a 94-04 should work for you since you are going with the stock length axles. The 94-98 might be better as they are probably shorter due to the shorter axles vs the 99+ cars.

I used the stock 99+ front lines on mine and I had to use the adapter from Matt. I plan to (eventually) put 13" brakes on it and will use the SS lines for the 99+ SN95 cars, as I know the stock ones work fine.

Good luck!

I would think so, if you get the SN95 lines since it is the SN95 lines that are different sizes. The Fox lines are the same size, side to side. Look at your car's passenger side line, and if it is the larger size fitting, same size as the drivers side, then you will need the adapter.

Look at the two stock 99 lines you have and you will see the difference.

Just so you know, by using 2002 spindles up front, you will push the wheels out 8mm each side.

Out back i gather you are using the North Cobra brackets so you can use Ranger axles and keep the stock rear track? Well, on stock Mustangs, the rear end is narrower than the front track. With the added offset of the front, you may notice it more when you are done. 94-95 spindles will keep the stock offset. Just a heads up.

Yes, you will need an aftermarket prop valve. You can use one of the wilwood, summit, FMS units. Also, you need the $10 plug that goes on the front of the stock prop valve that "guts" it.

For the MC, not 100% sure, but think you would use a 99+ V6 Master cylinder or a 94-98 GT/V6 MC and a 3-2 conversion kit.

Out back, i just bought the rear hard line adapters from Matt and then looped the hard line around a socket and then attached them to the soft line bracket. I beleive SN95's T-bird turbo-coupes and Mark 7's all use the same rear soft line brackets. The adapters (which were made for SN95's) threaded into my Mark 7 soft line brackets perfectly.

As for the bumpsteer kit, it all depends if you have bumpsteer. I did so i needed it

Hey. I just did this swap on my 93 with some friends, so the info is still fresh in my mind.
- The Bumpsteer kit is not nessisary, but if you are changing ride height it is a good idea. I didn't though, because my control arms are level with the swaybar.
-The Ebrake cables for the 93 you can get from www.discbrakesrus.com. They are called 93 cobra cables on that site. Also, you'll need the adjustible M2810A cable. Just google for that one.
-You will definately need the adapter from matt90gt for the passenger side.
-And just to confirm, you will need the proportioning valve too and gut the stock one per the instructions on his site.
-can't help you with the rear lines though. We had some made from a hydrolics shop as "fuel lines." We matched a banjo fitting and the hard line fitting and had the ends swedged to dot-3 lines. For legal purposes, I don't think this is the way to go, but it works great. I've heard goodrich makes SS ones too, but I couldn't find them.
Good luck!