pypes exhaust

Just got done put pypes exhaust (catted xpipe & catback) on to my 92 LX 5.0 and wanted to let everyone know my experience. :bang: On the upside, the sound is very deep and muscle sounding. Overall, I am very disappointed in the system and would never recommend or by another system from them again. There was weld splatter all over the polished tips. Hardware did included bolts to connect xpipe and catback together. Had to remove both rear tires to get catback into place mainly because of the enormous length of the hangers. Xpipe did not have hangers, I knew this ahead of time but did not realize it would lead to my next problem. Complete system sagged and I mean sagged! Maybe 2" of ground clearance and almost every other joint in the system had a leak. I actually had to take my car to an exhaust shop and have them rehang the whole system customizing and welding to get the system to tuck in and illiminate the leaks. This is just my experience and would like everyone to know, had someone wrote a post like this about there system I would have never bought it.

• Sponsors (?)

I've tried and tried to warn people away from the hangerless X-pipes. I had a similar problem with the cat'ed UPR X-pipe, which is almost identical in design to that of the Pypes X-pipe. Same thing, it kept sagging and leaving me with very little clearance at the rear flanges, and the cats were welded too far back so that they kept hitting on the tranny crossmember. For whatever reason, some folks have managed to get away with using the off-road X-pipes without sagging problems - maybe because the lack of cats and lighter weight makes it less likely to droop? :shrug:

The actual cat-back fitment I can't comment on, as the Violator muffs I was running on my '89 notch were swapped into a Dynomax Super Turbo cat-back - FWIW, the Dynomax had EXCELLENT fitment compared to others I've messed with, but their Super Turbo muffs were too damned quiet for my tastes on the notch (although they suit my '86 GT 'vert just fine). As far as sound, though, the Violators rock. :nice: