Pypes O/R X pipe? Or...........

What is a good Off-road X or H pipe that is cheap? I have looked at mac, pypes, Dr. gas, UPR, SLP, and Magnaflow. The best deal I have found was Pypes O/R X pipe stainless steel for $180 shipped on Ebay. But all the fourms I have read say they fit like S**T, but its hard to pass up a SS pipe for $180. I plan on upgrading to Long tubes in a few years when I build my engine so I dont want to spend a gold mine on this mid pipe but I want to extra power for now. Can anyone comment on the Pypes X pipe? or any other X/H pipe around the same price? I have a borla Catback SS and shorty headers, im looking into having access to a lift when install time comes along, also hoping for a 10-15 hp gain after install.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a UPR on one of my cars. Fitment was decent. I didnt have any real issues with it. The best one I had that didnt have any issues with and fitment was great was a Magnaflow x pipe but by the sound of it thats more than you want to spend.

Ya its pretty much down to what i can find cheaper, I have only heard good things about magnaflow but it is a little out of my budget right now and I plan on L/T down the road. Im selling my NOS bottle opener to buy this thing and then selling my scrap cats from my stock H pipe to make up for the rest and maybe a little extra cash on the side ;) Hey FEARNO1 Where in Maine are you from? Im in the ellsworth/ Bar Harbor area. know anywhere I can find some 93 octane? lol

Just get the Pypes X. It doesn't fit that bad, I had zero trouble installing mine.

Btw, A friend of mine ordered a UPR x and when it arrived it had the Pypes logo on it, lol!

Yeah I have heard that UPR uses Pypes. UPR is right up the street from me, need to go check them out again some time :) I bought a Cobra front bumper my '95 about 6 years ago and that's it haha I keep forgetting about my little advantage.

My Magnaflow X was great but probably a little pricey if I recall. I think I sold it used for $100 in great condition. Wasn't on the car long before I switched to LTs.

jegs sells their brand o/r h and x pipes

I mean all it is is a piece of tubing that air flows through not a whole lotta technology there....thats why I went with the cheapest I could find which was the jegs brand I think i paid 145 brand new...it fits great.

I mean all it is is a piece of tubing that air flows through not a whole lotta technology there....thats why I went with the cheapest I could find which was the jegs brand I think i paid 145 brand new...it fits great.

To a point you are correct. But there are variations in how the x portion of the midpipes are made. For example, BBK uses a clamshell type x for their crossover. Like so...

1664_x_pipe_off_road_1994_1995_mustang_ford_bbk_performance_part-398x.jpg

And the UPR/Pypes x is made a little different.

pypes-x-pipe-79-95-mustang.jpg

Who knows if one flows better than the other, but there is a definate sound difference between the two.

To a point you are correct. But there are variations in how the x portion of the midpipes are made. For example, BBK uses a clamshell type x for their crossover. Like so...

1664_x_pipe_off_road_1994_1995_mustang_ford_bbk_performance_part-398x.jpg

And the UPR/Pypes x is made a little different.

pypes-x-pipe-79-95-mustang.jpg

Who knows if one flows better than the other, but there is a definate sound difference between the two.

True that. Bottom one looks like the Magnaflow I had.

Ended up going back to a BBK O/R H when I put LTs on. I like the sound more with the H :nice:

Ya I drive from Bar Harbor to Ellsworth looking at every gas station for 93....Nothing, took a look online and everyone says they stopped selling it, so it looks like I will be getting that meth injection sooner then I thought. Then its back to NH for another tune in August.