Pypes Off road X or Professional Products Inlet Plenum

BLUE03GT

Jul 13, 2003
Sunnyvale, Ca.
I am having a hard time choosing bewteen the Pypes off-road X pipe ($130) and the Professional Products($99)/BBK inlet plenum($130).....

Plenum or X-pipe?.... which will yield more power..

Will an off-road x and flowmasters be too loud?

Will the plenum give me idle issues?... bogging problems?

• Sponsors (?)

GO with the x-pipe. Itll be a definite gain in power and the car will sound amazing. I had that exhaust combo on the old GT (x-pipe and flows) and it was loud, snarly, and definitely mean :nice:

is a plenum without the throttle body worth it?... even if its $99....?

or is the x-pipe that much better even if its more expensive?... i really dont want it to be too loud... but i guess we shall see... currently bidding on a cheap x-pipe right now:D

Do the X pipe you'll love it. I actually had a bassani catted X with my flows, but then a guy at was selling a mac o/r h that I knew, so I took that off his hands and put it on this past saturday. Even going from a hi flow catted X to o/r, you can feel a difference, and it sounds great. Your tone will be different than mine, but under 2,500rpm and its really no big deal. The big factor for how loud it seems is just throttle input. 2,000rpm and under and you would think it was just the mufflers.

thanks for the input guys, O/R X-pipe is what im going with first... if i have a little change in the near future ill also add the Plenum/TB...

last question..

Anyone have any experience with a UPR x-pipe?... any thoughts on it? impressions?