Pypes OR/H and Pypes Muffler deletes vids!

• Sponsors (?)

I've got SLP LMs right now and I'm thinking about going with the Pypes Mid Muffler System and getting either a O/R H or X pipe. Can you post pictures of the tips from directly from the side and rear? I'm trying to decide if I want to keep the tips on the SLP LMs or sell them.

Have you ever heard a car with a muffler delete? Do you think your set-up has a better tone to it? I'm after a better tone but for it to still be loud and pick up the few extra rwhp from ditching the cats.

Have you ever heard a car with a muffler delete? Do you think your set-up has a better tone to it? I'm after a better tone but for it to still be loud and pick up the few extra rwhp from ditching the cats.

I also noticed you've got your rear emblem removed. Can you do me a favor and measure the distance between the two holes? :)

I also noticed you've got your rear emblem removed. Can you do me a favor and measure the distance between the two holes? :)

The jury is still out as to whether or not I will keep the muffler deletes. It is loud and I do like the sound.....but I like my neighbors also!

Emblem holes:
  • Center to center - 1.75 in.
  • Edge to edge - 1.25 in

First thing you will notice is that the right pipe is too low and too far out from the fascia. Thanks to pypes manufacturing for that. It goes on the rack Monday to shorten the mounting bracket (on the muffler delete) to provide proper alignment. The left pipe (tip) is close to the finished location it just needs to be centered.

http://img532.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mustangxn8.flv

If you loosen the clamp where the over axle pipe meets the mid pipe, and also the muffler delete clamp, you'll be able to get it lined up. Just the slightest twist of the over axle pipe can make a large difference and pull the muffler delete back in where it needs to be.

Thanks, I'll try that before I take it to the shop!:)

If you loosen the clamp where the over axle pipe meets the mid pipe, and also the muffler delete clamp, you'll be able to get it lined up. Just the slightest twist of the over axle pipe can make a large difference and pull the muffler delete back in where it needs to be.

So you bought the Pypes Mid Muffler but didn't put the mufflers on? :shrug:

Pypes makes 3 systems for the S197 GT:

• Violators - Very loud muffler. Basically, a louvered chamber with no baffling.
  • Muffler Delete - Basically, their version of the loudmouth. Just pipes with nice tips. As loud as it gets, though unrefined. Mac makes a version now called "Boom Tubes", which have louvers in the pipe to shape the sound. Everyone says they sound great. Probably very similar to my Violators.
  • Mid-Muffler System - This is a full catback system. It's basically comprised of 2 bullet style louvered resonators, over-axle pipes, and the muffler deletes. Because it brings the mufflers back towards the front of the car, many say it gives you more of a 2V sound, especially with a pro chamber or high-flow cats. I've heard the trumpets and drone is very bad with off road mid pipes.

I have a set of fully polished T304 Pypes Violators. Adjusting the mid-pipes did nothing to get them aligned. Pypes welded on the hangers wrong. I had to bent the hangers quite a lot to get the tips to be aligned properly. I just used a MAPP gas torch to heat the hangers and bend them the way I wanted.

The Violators drone badly at 1500-2000 RPM, but sound freaking awesome at any other RPM and speed. Under a tunnel, I can hear the engine/exhaust if I cruise in 3rd gear at highway speeds. When I go WOT, the tunnel just echoes with the exhaust/engine sound!! I tried doing the same thing in my Crown Vic and I could barely hear the engine (4.6 2V). :eek:

First thing you will notice is that the right pipe is too low and too far out from the fascia. Thanks to pypes manufacturing for that. It goes on the rack Monday to shorten the mounting bracket (on the muffler delete) to provide proper alignment. The left pipe (tip) is close to the finished location it just needs to be centered.

http://img532.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mustangxn8.flv

Mine had to be cut as well. I installed it myself and thought it was my error, but the muffler shor said that pipe was not right. Glad to know I'm not the only one.....I've been tempted to go muffler-less because a hanger on my Magnaflows busted and it sags on my drivers side and bounces on my axle when I go over big bumps. But yours sounds too loud I think. My GTO was loud, but it sounded better than the mustang too.