Q About Flashlights.

:OT: :OT: :OT:

I know, I know, it's really off topic, but I need some guidance here and figured all y'all out there would have some opinions.

I am horribly hard on flashlights. I have bought and used (and broken) several Mag lights and have never been happy with their performance. I think they are a poor design and yield poor light and are really overrated. You name the brand I have probably used it and broken it. Streamlight, Maglight, Beam of Light.

I just went to Lowe's yesterday and bought a house brand light of theirs (Taskforce?) and it DIDN'T EVEN WORK when I took it out of the package! ! ! ! What solid craftsmanship (crapsmanship is more like it).

Anyway, as I said I am really hard on flashlights and have bad luck with them seemingly, what does everyone out in 'Stangland use? ? ? I am not opposed to spending good $$ on the thing if it works and actually lasts.

Thanks all in advance!:hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

Hubbel Lite. I'm not really sure wehre you can get them. My dad always has a bunch in his truck from work and gave me 1. It's been through so pretty bad stuff and still works great. One of the brightest flashlights I've seen.

ive had three maglites lost them all.also had to keep hitting them against something for them to work. and the bulbs would blow.

try a stanley 369 it take 3-6-9 AA batteries 6 leds it last for ever ive had it for 3 years its beaten up but it still works i bought mine at walmart for 25 ducks. its got different settings low, med, high, and it lets you know when to change batterys.:nice:

i also got the tripod 369 same as everything above but its a tripod, and its not as bright as the other but good when you need both hand for working on car and you need light.

Go to an army/navy surplus store and see if they got those flashlights that are L shaped,and come with different colored lenses and stuff. I got one of those, its pretty bright, and I'm sure its been durability tested beyond belief.

flashlight_anglehead_400.jpg

Attachments

• flashlight_anglehead_400.jpg
    flashlight_anglehead_400.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 66
View attachment 427554

The LX3.0 is the top of the Gerber flashlight line. In addition to all of the features of the LX1.0, the LX3.0 is outfitted with a 3-watt L.E.D. bulb. This single indestructible bulb illuminates objects 150 feet away, making the LX3.0 the brightest light for its size on the market. A compact package, aircraft aluminum housing and enhanced fail-proof circuit driver take this highly advanced instrument to a new level of performance. Equipped with 3AA batteries, which generate up to 50 hours of burn time.

Surefire, I got one issued to me (Air Force), its a champ, but I never really use it because of its size. As mentioned, Streamlight, I dropped mine off the top a an airplane several times, still good, eats batteries though.
Sounds like you hate em, but I love the mag lite, dropped off a plane hundresds of times, ran over by a truck, used as a mallet, left outside, survived multiple trips to the desert....still going strong

I'm with parchisi .... I have like 10 of those things and none have ever failed. Completely waterproof. Has 4 lenses, a lanyard, and a clip.

I also use a Maglite. I have used it for "other purposes", lol ..... and it works great when you're in a tight situation.