Q for almost stock or mansonozz

50ceptor

May 23, 2003
Sumerduck VA
i am hiding my wires and i was wondering if i can delete a few things. first the
connector next to the tree on the fire wall. it has one vacum hos e coming from the vacom tree and 1 large black connector. and also the block that comes off the wire harness that also has the 02 sensors on it. it looks like it connects to the emissions on the ST pass. side. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I'm assuming you have a 88 or earlier. If so, that black thing with a vacuum hose and connector next to the vacuum tree is your MAP sensor (manifold air pressure), your car needs this to run right, unless you swap to Mass Air. So, no, dont remove that.

I'll agree with Baaah
Baaah said:
I'm assuming you have a 88 or earlier. If so, that black thing with a vacuum hose and connector next to the vacuum tree is your MAP sensor (manifold air pressure), your car needs this to run right, unless you swap to Mass Air. So, no, dont remove that.

You can't remove it but you can hide it.
As an example how about lower on the fire wall, or lower in the Trans tunnel so it's hid by your upper intake, it's still there but just not as noticeable. Kind of like hiding wires, there still there just not as noticeable.

also the block that comes off the wire harness that also has the 02 sensors on it. it looks like it connects to the emissions on the ST pass. side.
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking on this?
As for me I still have all the emission related items just relocated somewhere else so that it doesn’t clutter up the engine bay.