Quad Shock problem....FOX 03 Cobra wheels

TrophyHead

15 Year Member
Mar 18, 2003
PA
Hi, Having an issue with my quad shocks rubbing on tire. 275/45 Nitto DR on 03 10th anni wheels. Using KYB quads. I cut the covers off shock thinking this would solve the clearance but no. Flipping does not help the problem.

Will Ford quad shocks work? Can someone measure the fat section of this shock for me? The look like they may work. There expensive and do not want to waste any more money.

Guys running these wheels what did you do with your quads?

Oh yeah I'm running Fox length rear axels. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

then you may have to get a smaller tire if you want to keep the shocks or if you have room under the fender depending on how much it hits the shock then maybe a wheel spacer may help

then you may have to get a smaller tire if you want to keep the shocks or if you have room under the fender depending on how much it hits the shock then maybe a wheel spacer may help

duh....wheel spacers will work. Is it common practice to get longer wheel studs when using a wheel spacer? Cause the ranger axel studs are pretty short to begin with. Thanks for the help.:nice:

If you're going any bigger than 1/4" spacer change the studs to longer ones. IMO just replace the axles with sn95's and gain 3/4" each side for just a little more money. I picked up a set for like $40 at the jy.