Quad Shock

• Sponsors (?)

Cantslowdown said:
I am just trying to find the sound...

This weekend I finally located a noise from the rear that was driving me crazy for the last few weeks. A couple of weeks ago I raised the rear and put the stands under the frame, and tried to find the source of the noise, but no luck. :bang:

Then yesterday I raised it, but this time I put the stands under the axle. I had my daughter bounce the rear bumper up and down while I was under the car with a flashlight. I found the problem, the bolt where the upper control arm (passenger side) attaches to the chassis (torque box) was loose. I tightened it down and no more noise!!! :banana:

I just had to share the joy, and hope this helps you or someone down the line.

Moral of the story, when looking for a noise in the rear end, and you think it might be the suspension, jack it up and support it by the AXLE and not the frame. :nice:

Cantslowdown said:
I want those too lol..I really am thinking about making this car handle more then going fast in a 1/4th.I just dont have the money to do it all at once i want looks and make it handle and atad more power like 300 at the flywheel..But i want up and lower control arms and all the other goodes!
don't worry about the uppers, just get some MM LCA's and subframes for now

The only thing that the quad shocks are for is to control wheel hop, mainly in reverse. The mustang is succeptable to wheel hop so severe in reverse that it could snap an axle. That being said a good high quality LCA and UCA would essentially eliminate the need for the quad shocks.

Stang|ess said:
curious, what's a good lca from MM?

they have like 4 different ones with holes for this and that.
their just different variants

the standard one
the standard one without the spring perch (if you have coil-overs)
the standard one without the swaybar bracket (if you have MM rear adj swaybar)
the standard one without the spring perch and swaybar bracket (if you have coil-overs and the MM rear adj swaybar)
then

the adj ones
the adj ones without swaybar bracket
then the Road Race sperical ones (if you have coil-overs and the MM rear adj swaybar)

drag racing ones not applied